Tuesday, January 16, 2007

With, Or Without Wings

Elfie had his first taste of… erm… exotic food today.

Just as I admitted to being a scaredy cat, last night, I encountered another nerve-cracking experience – creepy crawlies.

I have said before that I HATE HATE all sorts of creepy crawlies, with & without wings. From ants to spiders to ladybug to moth to cockroaches, with or without wings.

Yes, you did not read wrong. I am afraid of ants too. Of course, just one is not so scary, but when the whole troop of them comes, I am sure anyone will be freaked out. I am afraid of any troop of more than ten. Yes, ten. And that only applies to ants. Any other creatures, one is enough to make me suffer a nervous breakdown.

Last night, a moth ventured into my house. It flew in from the living window (I guessed), and started fluttering its wings all over. Me, being the typical woman, starting the game – Dodge, with it. Elfie was looking at me with his head tilted, wondering what the hell I was doing. When it finally settled down, I sort of calmed down abit, and continued with whatever I was doing. Then I lost track of it. I was fine with that. Not like with the case of cockroaches, I will be determined to find it and kill it or chase it out of the house before I am satisfied. I can live with a moth, as long as it stays clear of me (which happens to be at least 2 meters away in this case).

Then, when I decided to retire for the night, I went into my room and switched on the light to get ready for bed, and… something started fluttering. It was the moth! It was in my room!! I started the fluttering-wings-dodging-human game again. After about 15 minutes, it finally settled down again. In the room! On the wall next to my mattress! I couldn’t sleep with that. I moved my mattress into the living room and slept there. Yes, I rather sleep in the living room than my bedroom with a moth in it. My brother must be wondering why on earth I was sleeping in the living room, when I could have the bedroom (the only room with aircon some more!) all to myself, when he came back in the middle of the night.

I had a restless night. I kept worrying that the moth would fly out from the room and right onto me. But then it didn’t lah.

This morning, I woke up and nearly forgot about the moth, until I discovered that Elfie did not run to me for his breakfast of 2 succulent chicken breast meat as he usually did. I went in to look for him, and saw Elfie crouching on the floor of the bedroom, wagging his tail. I went closer to see what he was wagging his tail at. And, no prize for guessing right, it was the moth. I gave a little shriek (subconsciously, I knew it was still early, and bro was still sleeping, and he would definitely not be happy to be waken by my screams and shrieks because of a stupid moth), and Elfie looked at me in that funny why-are-you-making-funny-noise way again. He started playing with the moth, pawing at it, giving soft barks, wagging his tail happily. He thought he had a new playmate! Of course, the poor moth was half dead by this time. I mean, I know it is cruel to let it die this way, but then I really had no courage to pick it up and rescue it from Elfie’s paws. Yes, even with a broom and dustpan, I still do not have the courage. So, I left it to be tortured to death by Elfie. I thought I would give it a ‘proper burial’ (down the dustbin) after it died. Little did I expect Elfie to not even leave its carcass! He ate the whole thing! Yucks! Pui pui pui!

I shall stay clear of Elfie’s mouth for the rest of the week until I bath him on Sunday, which then I will make sure I clean his sinful mouth…

4 comments:

TuT said...

darn! you are good in this piece .. that's a really scary one! but i still cannot reason out why the indians didn't step in with you. either you didn't finish this piece in detail .. it seems the 'ah ma' is really a ...

TuT said...

aiks .. posted the comment wrongly on your different blog liao! aiyah .. must be your new layout lah!

Rose said...

hehehe... scared leh... i really wanted to run out... i also dunno y the indian lady didnt come in... maybe they were the really scary ones... *gasp*

TuT said...

either one would be scary! aisey .. better not talk about it, i am also phobia one. me big size, but small guts one :P