Monday, January 29, 2007

A Good End To The Work Week

I ended my work week well, with work-related good news, which I cant reveal now. Then when I waited at the taxi stand, a Merz cab came! Woohoo!

What do you get when you mix half-cooked chicken wings, beer, red wine and Guinness stout together? Lots of puke at the end of the day.

Remember the thank-ah-yee BBQ that EH is throwing? That was on Friday. I did not want to go emptyhanded so I stopped by the petrol kiosk to pick up Ben & Jerry ice cream to brig to the BBQ.

Remember also that I suspected that it was gonna be a matchmaking session in the name of thank-ah-yee? Well, they still did not mention anything, but I think I guessed correct the motive, but the wrong guy ahaha! The cousins of the groom were not there. Instead a friend of his turned up.

The gals kept whispering behind my back and when I turned, they pretended to act normal. At times, I found that I was left alone with that guy (sorry, I really can’t remember his name). He is ok… I guess…

EH’s hubby passed me my first can of beer, and it kept coming after that. The rest of the gals did not drink, so it was only me and the guys. Beer after beer I downed, until we ran out of it. Red wine followed. Then when EH’s mother-in-law came home, we invited her to drink with us. She claimed that she only drinks Guinness, so out of politeness, I said its ok, we could drink with her. Little did I expect her to take me seriously, and took out 2 cans of Guinness stout, one for herself, one for me.

By this time, I was already half blur. I decided to stop, sought refuge in the kitchen, and got myself some cold water. I guess I was missing for some time, EH came to look for me and asked if I was ok. I could still talk normal and walk straight, so I guess if I did not tell her, they would never know that I am half drunk.

EH got her hubby to send me home. I was still talking and laughing with them, I remember. But when I got home, I only remembered washing my face, then running to the toilet bowl and puking my guts out. I can’t remember where I changed my clothes or how I got onto bed.

Hope I did not change in front of my bro…



*******************************





Saturday was the usual lazy Saturday. I brought Elfie for his annual jab early in the morning. Go early, come back early has always been my motto for such things ;p.

I met up with YL, supposedly to discuss about our Taipei trip. But then, we ended up pigging out at Novena Square -_-'''. We had Burger King, then headed to Hagan Daaz for ice-cream. Boy, am I glad that I am no longer working in Novena Square! Otherwise, I can be chopped, guaranteed, confirmed that I will continue growing sideways!

I told YL ‘我们不应该在一起,我们不可以在一起!’, otherwise both of us foodlovers will just keep on eating and eating non-stop. Then probably we will just die of over-eating ahahahaha!

But the good thing is, going to Taipei with someone who loves to eat and does not mind eating is better than going with someone who is always conscious of diet, and will keep stopping you from eating. What is the joy of going to a food paradise, when you can only look, and not eat the yummy food? That, is a torture ok!!!

After that, I went to do my nails. Yes I know I just did it, but then a lot of it has already chipped, and in my opinion is unsightly. And since I have grown my nails so damn long, I should make full use of them before they start breaking off, and make them look nice nice all the time, right?

Roses on my fingers!

Bigger but blur pic.





***********************************



Sunday was an early birthday celebration for Dajie. Gangster suggested going to the Cod Fish village place for Cod Fishhead Curry. Of course, it did not end there…


I nua the whole day, and finally forced myself to move my arse out of the house earlier to pick up something fro Dajie. I chose this colourful shell bracelet for her. I think she quite like it lah, just that it is too big for her. Well, I used my fat wrist as a guideline, so if I could wear it, means she should be able to also mah. I just did not think that it would be too loose for her -_-

We left Gangster to do the ordering of food, which was a mistake. She ordered and ordered, and well, I can’t put the blame totally on her, because the rest also kept going on and on. For 6 of us, we ordered, I think a total of 6 – 7 dishes. Although we ordered the smallest serving, it still came to be quite a lot. And we almost finished everything. So can you imagine how much we ate? And that is not all, Gangster suddenly said ‘Lets go for durian!’ Being an avid durain lover, of course I agreed immediately. And off to Geylang we went, for our durian session.

Gangster very funny. She told Uncle Durian ‘Uncle, 我要好吃的,不要骗我hor’. How come everyone will say that leh? If Uncle wanna 骗, he will come out with all sorts of excuses one lah. Even if not nice, he will insist that it is nice haha. But then, I must say the service at the durian place last night was quite good. There was ¼ of a durian that was not ripe, and they gave us another one to replace that ¼, so technically speaking, we had ¾ durian free kekeke. And one of the uncles saw that we could not finish, he offered to pack it into a box for us.

Overall, it was a good dinner, good dessert, and good catchup with my beloved sisters.

The next gathering – 2nd day of Chinese New Year at Director’s house. Gambling, more pigging out, more bitching, more laughing. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

TuT said...

good week eh? good for you!

Rose said...

thanks! hope it carries on this way! *cross fingers*