Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Revenge Must Be Very Sweet

I was trying to pack for my Taipei trip when I discovered… all my warm clothings were gone!

*Panic *

How? How how how?

The I remembered. Eldest sis ‘borrowed’ my warm clothings when she went on a trip to somewhere cold last year. I had very ‘generously’ agreed to lend her when she asked.

Alas, what a big mistake!

Some of you may know. My eldest sis has a habit of ‘borrowing’ clothes, and ‘helping me clear my wardrobe for new clothes’. But my clothes that have the fortune of being selected by her will vanish for… a few years if I am lucky, or forever if I am not.

Because, she stays in KL, and I, in Singapore.

Last time, whenever she came with her family, she will pack clothings for everyone, including the maid, except herself. Because she can help herself to my whole wardrobe. Home clothes, work clothes, casual clothes, and yes, even undergarments. I know, I know. Its damn unhygienic, but what can I do? I can’t stop her. I have to be at work. And I seriously do not mind sharing with her. The thing is, after wearing and washing, the clothes will somehow find their way to the bags and suitcase, and off they go, to KL. Even my undergarments.

Of course I jump. Because my sis, like me, have very good taste. Despite the fact that she is ‘helping me clear my wardrobe for new clothes’, the clothes that miraculously ‘disappear’ are mostly my newer clothes, that I like very much.

After my numerous nagging and screaming, she did finally realize that my wardrobe is not a Doraemon pocket, that will refill itself automatically whenever it is empty. She packs her clothes, and when she wears, I make sure the clothes go back in my wardrobe.

But then my warm clothings, unfortunately, never found their way back. Though I made her promise to send them back the next time she visits, I never saw them again since then. I nearly forgot that they were with her, until last night.

Ok, I admit. I did my fair share of clothes-borrowing when I was younger, and when she was the more ‘fashionable’ one. But then, I always washed and returned them after wearing, and she would still be able to wear them when she wanted to. Like I said, I do not mind sharing with her. But I so hate it when I can’t find them when I want to, or need to wear them.

It must be her revenge on me for borrowing her clothes during teenage days…

I think I will freeze in Taipei…

******************************************************

Early in the morning, someone pissed me off big time.

Remember I mentioned earlier that I DON’T LIKE people touching me? Especially strangers? Now I add one more category – people I don’t like. Ok, I know I am being very bitch and petty, but well, that’s me, ok?

This woman, has irritated me a few times. She is the one who cannot tolerate a small piece of envelop on the tray beside her desk, which was meant for incoming documents for everyone to collect, anyway. She will haunt me with 5 calls in 1 minute, just to call me to collect the envelop.

This morning, when I went to collect some documents, she shouted my name (which she sometimes does, and in the end, she will say ‘Nothing. Cannot call your name is it?’), and asked me to go over to her desk. Reluctantly, I went over. She asked me to show her. I was lost. Show her what? Then she flung her hands. Just flung and flung and shouted ‘Show me show me!’.

So, she asked me to drop everything, and show her my hands. Without waiting for my hands to ‘arrive’ in front of her face, she grabbed them hard (and I mean real hard) and flipped them over to reveal my beautifully manicured nails.

‘Very nice hor.’ She was admiring my nails. ‘How much you do har? Very ex hor?’

I looked at her and refused to answer her questions. And she was still grabbing on to my hands HARD. I could not even move them. Yes I know I have beautiful nails. No need to admire until like that right?

When I could finally free myself, I quickly stepped away from her, grabbed my stuff and walked out of the door back to my level. First thing I did was to drop everything, went to the pantry, and scrubbed my hands with soap.

Yes, I HATE people touching me without my permission. So keep your distance until I give the go ahead. Otherwise, you bear the consequences.

2 comments:

TuT said...

mistake number 1 : revealing your weaknesses. there you go, your 'enemies' know yours, and they know how to get on your nerves.

Rose said...

ah... here it is... but... who are my enemies??? kekeke