Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Elfie Baby

Everyone knows I love my pet dog Elfie very much. He is like… my son. I cook for him, feed him by hand, wipe his mouth clean after eating, pick up his poo, clean his arse after pooing, bathe him, dry him. Everything a mum does for her child, I do for Elfie.

Many a times, Bubbles has asked me to put him on dry food. But then knowing my boy, he would rather starve and vomit gastric juice than eat something he does not like. Bubbles then suggested that I put an auto feeder with a timer in the house, so I can be ensured that Elfie is fed on time everyday.

But then, again, knowing my boy, he will just keep pawing and pushing at the feeder until it tumbles over and all the food falls out, then he will happily gobble down everything, before he will leave it alone.

Anyway, I love handfeeding him (Although I am the only in the family whoe does that. My mum will just leave the food on the floor and wait for him to eat himself), and seeing him enjoy the food. That, is the satisfaction of a happy mum seeing her child finish all his food. Hahahahaha!

I told Elfie’s Godma-I that unlike other dogs who lick their owners, Elfie prefers to nibble instead. In the 1 year plus that I had him, Elfie has licked me no more than twenty times, IF there is even twenty times. The times he licked his food off my hands/fingers are not counted, of course. Sometimes, when he plays with us, he uses too much strength and it can be really painful. I have a lot more scars on my hands and legs now. This is the most recent one, which never seems to heal.




YL said that it probably will leave a permanent scar boohoohoo!

I believe only doglovers/owners will truly understand how I feel. Everyone else will just stare at me, shake their heads and think I am crazy.

Which category do you belong to?

Last but not least, here are some pictures of my Elfie baby boy. Abit blur, but isnt he adorable?



No comments: