Friday, January 05, 2007

Will You?

The cab I took to work today (ok, I have not exactly started working on my resolutions yet…) had a very chatty uncle driver. Lucky for him, I was in one of my better moods, so I chatted with him abit. Actually, more like he talked and I listened.

He told me about the fire at Robinsons in the 70s. Yes, Robinsons, the departmental store now at Centrepoint. I knew about the fire when I watched ‘Growing Up’. Yes, they actually incorporated the Robinsons fire into one of the episodes of the series. But this cab uncle told me how one of his friends grabbed a big bag of money out from the fire, and honestly returned it to the boss of the then Robinsons.

‘So honest of him hor,’ he said, ‘The boss must be damn nice to him.’

True. If it were me, or anybody else for that matter, would we do the same?

Hmmm…..

I don’t think I will muahahahahaha!

Take already then say lah! No one knows you have taken the money out, anyway, right? Ok, you will suddenly become richer, and start spending money like nobody’s business. People will start wondering where you got the money from. Then you start telling lies. Then another, and another, and another to cover the first lie.

That is what I have learnt. If you start telling one, you have to continue keeping it covered with another, unless you decide to admit that you are lying, or you are so lucky that no one knows, and no one remembered what you said. It’s a neverending cycle.

So, will I still take the money?

Hmmm……

Maybe… Hahahaha!

Will you?

No comments: