Monday, January 22, 2007

Kawaii-ne!

I was about to leave office when Gangster msn me to arrange dinner. I had to run some errands then go home and feed my beloved Elfie before I could meet them, so I left first.

Running a little late, I called for a cab (It is near to impossible to get a cab at the taxi stand in the area I work at this hour). I waited for 2 minutes, before the taxi call canter called me to tell me that there is a change in taxi, for some reasons she did not tell me.

After 5 minutes, the cab arrived. I hopped in, and told the taxi driver my destination. He tried to make small talk.

‘The place you live in, very convenient hor. Very easy to get food’

‘Mmm’

‘The yong tou fu, very nice!’

‘Mmm’

‘Have you tried before?’

‘Mmm’

Anyone by this time should know that I am not interested to carry on the conversation. He stopped. I read my newspaper, and then looked out of the window.

Suddenly, I felt someone looking at me, in fact, for some time already. I glanced through the corner of my eye, and saw that the driver was checking me out through the rear mirror!

He saw me look at him and he smiled.

‘You look like Japanese girl hor. Cute! Hurhurhur.’

I glared at him.

‘Anyone tell you that before or not?’

I refused to answer him.

Please lor. Yes, when I was younger, alot of people said that I looked Japanese/Korean. But then, I just didn’t like the way he looked at me, and the way he said it, even if he meant it as a compliment.

So, do I look Japanese, still? ;p

No comments: