Monday, January 22, 2007

More Traffic Lights Please!



This has been my lunch and sometimes dinner for the past week and a half. I love salads. This café makes very nice ones most of the times. I enjoy hearing the crunch of the veggies as I chew on them. Yummy!

The café that sells this salad is right across the road from my office building. The problem is – there is no pedestrian crossing direct from the building to across the road. The only pedestrian crossing is right at the both ends of the street. Below is a simple (very simple) drawing I did.


The arrowhead represent traffic lights


The traffic light which I only need to cross one time to get acroos, is much further away from me. The nearer one, I have to cross 3 times to get across. Who in the right mind, will cross 3 traffic lights just to get to the other side of the road??

The fastest way is to – jaywalk. Which I usually will. But today, there was some minor accident at the taxi stand below my building. I was about to dash across the road when I saw this traffic police come along to mediate the accident. Being the kiasi Singaporean I am, I proceeded to the nearer traffic light to cross to the other end – so near yet so far. And walked the same way back, because the traffic police was still there.

Why cant they just put one more blardy traffic light for me to cross the road instead of having to cross 3 times???

No comments: