Monday, January 08, 2007

A Wedding

I attended my ex-colleague’s, TT’s wedding last Saturday. I must say it is the most beautiful wedding I have attended so far. Even though I am not particularly close to her, I was touched by the whole event. She is also the most beautiful and happiest bride I have seen in all weddings.

Not to say that others are not beautiful and happy, but most wedding os my friends’ are either 1) the bride is so stressed that she starts to be grouchy, and complains a lot, or 2) the bride is so tired that her smile is like plastered to her face like a mask, or 3) the bride and groom quarrel. It’s like the wedding is just another ceremony to go through.

In TT’s wedding, I only see a very happy bride and groom. I can feel their happiness exude to everyone in the ballroom, and spread their happiness to all.

I wasn’t really excited about the wedding, because like I said, I am not very close to TT. It’s another A + B = C kind of equation. She is close to AW; I am close to AW; so end up, we are sort of close, but not that close kind. Complicated, yes I know ;p.

I has intended to wear the expensive dress I bought for EH’s wedding, because since it is so expensive, I might as well make full use of it, right? But then, 人算不如天算, don’t know why, I should have lost weight because of the gastric flu I had earlier, but instead, to my utmost horror, I couldn’t wear that dress anymore! I mean, I can still zip it up, but I looked like a dumpling wrapped in purple pandan leaf! OMG!!!

No choice, I wore the dress I wore to Director’s wedding.

The good thing about this dress is that if you put on abit of weight, you can still wear it because the strap is adjustable. :)

I made appointment to do my nails, hair and make up. Makeup usually I will do myself, but nails and hair is the norm that I will go to the salon and it. That has been the case for a few years. For all the weddings and important dinners I go to, without fail. I need help with my hair because I have lots of baby hair and my hair doesn’t stay in place. Have to use a lot of hairspray before they 乖乖stay put and look nice type.

For some reasons, everytime I do that, my mum happened to be not around, so I did not have to explain a lot why I needed to go to the salons to do nails and hair. But this time, not only my mum, but eldest sis was around. Hey do not understand why I had to spend money on things that they thought I could have done myself. So I told them:

‘Oh, this bride and groom both very rich one. All their rich relatives will be there. What if I meet someone potential there? If I don't look pretty, then I miss a chance to hook a 金龟婿. So I must make myself pretty mah.’

Mum: ‘Oh, if that is the case, then you should make sure you are pretty. I can sponsor your hair and nails if you want.’

-_- ''' See what I mean? She is another one that just cant wait to marry me off!

Anyway, I did not want to look too glam or 夸张, so I did a light makeup, and a simple hairdo. I shall not show my face, of course, but this is how my hair looks:

The wedding was in Shangri-La’s Island Ballroom. There was a total of 60+ tables, so I did not even get to speak with the bride or groom at all. YL sat next to me, and she told me:

‘I saw some good-looking guys somewhere around.’

Me: ‘Where where?’

YL (after looking around for a while): ‘Er… I think they are gone. Don’t know where they are now.’

-_-''…

Anyway, maybe its just not meant to be la… I shall wait patiently for my Mr Right. :)

2 comments:

TuT said...

some eager to get marry, some eager to get it over with, some afraid of the big thing, some simply avoid them. hmm....

Rose said...

are u suaning me???