Friday, November 17, 2006

Shopping in Marina

I had been shopping for green dress/top and a dinner dress for my ex-colleague’s wedding this Sunday. Being the usual fat me, I found myself to look disgustingly obese in whatever I tried on. On Wednesday, after lunch with Travolta, I went to Marina to attempt to buy something that I can wear and still look okayly good in.

I went to Robinsons first. Tried on a dress which Bubbles chose for me. It was nice, fitted quite snugly, but it was a tad too long. That was choice 1.

Then I walked to Marina through citylink. Nothing much inside there. I tried on 2 dresses in BYSI. Yuckily fugly. No-no.

Then I stepped into Marina. I tried on a few pieces of casual dress in this 3-in-1 shop. Looked ok, but somehow I felt funny. So I left the shop emptyhanded.

I saw BYSI again. Then something green (which was the colour for daytime) caught my eyes. I walked in and tried it on. It’s a green tube with patterned strips. Theres a mock collar, which made it look quite unique. A bit of retro feel. With a belt across the waist (though I dont have one). I have kept off wearing tubes because I thought they made me look very very fat. Gave me an extra pair of breasts on top of what I already have. But then, this one I tried looked really quite ok on me. And I tried an ‘S’, mind you. Do you know how long it has been since I last wore anything in size ‘S’? I cant even remember myself! That’s it. I bought the tube.

The I started thinking what I could wear with the green tube. White skirt? I walked into M’Phosis and took all the white colour skirts and went into the fitting room to try. I knew it was a mistake the moment I tried the first piece. It doesnt go well with skirts at all. Then I started to panic. What can I wear it with then? I walked out and looked at the whole shop. Whites pants were next. But I did not want long white pants, because I know I wouldnt wear them again. Bermudas were the next choice. I took all the white colour presentable bermudas (not those really casual ones, but those more formal ones) and went into the fitting room again. Ok. Looked quite good. I actually liked one with strips, but then it doesnt go well with the green stripes, so I decided on a plain white one. Daytime clothes gaodim!

Now I have to shop for a nice dress to wear for the dinner.

I walked past Zara, Mango. Peeped inside but there wasnt anything that caught my eyes. Esprit. Nothing. I walked past the shop where I bought my last dress. Everything inside looked so flashy, I really dont know what attracted me to step in the last time.

I turned a corner and saw Warehouse. There should be many dresses inside, I thought. Sure enough, I saw something I liked. It’s a halter neck dress in green. Since I was wearing green in the day, I thought I would wear other colours at night, so I took a maroon one.
This one is a size too big so my boobs looked droopy. I took a smaller size.

Piece number two: a silver tube dress with embroidery. Nice, then I caught a glimpse of the price tag. $500+! Heck. Try first then say.


Piece number three: pastel green tube dress with gathers in front.
This one also a size too big, but I din really like it, so I didnt try a smaller size.


Pls pardon the fat arms and body. And the tan lines. There is nothing I can do about the fates now, but I will try to powder the tan lines away on the actual day...
I thought I looked the best in the maroon one. Maybe it’s the colour. So I bought that.

So, thats my shopping for friend’s wedding experience.

Boring post isnt it? Other than the cleavage, which I guess wouldnt interest anyone but guys. Hahaha.

No comments: