Monday, November 06, 2006

My Lazy Weekend

It’s the beginning of the week again, the day which most of us hates – Monday. Though I hate it too, this happens to be the start of a more relaxing week for me, boss traveling in US now, and she will be out of office for the following week. Yeah!

Last Friday she made me stay late because she wanted to start her day late – 6.30pm. Lucky she only had one telecom and had to rush back to pack for her trip, so I could go back at about 10pm. I met M for a drink. He brought me to this place at Turf City. It was nice and quiet. There was only one other table occupied besides ours. M ordered sausages for me as he knew that I had not eaten dinner yet. I seem to be eating sausages for the whole week since the Botanic Garden outing… But it was still yummy ;p

The guy that served us brought us our wine. He spoke to me in Chinese ‘You will like this. Its has a hint of lychee in it. Perfect for ladies.’ He was right, the wine was nice. Though I am not a wine appreciator. At least I finished the whole bottle, with M’s help of course.

M is quite entertaining. He told me stories of the times he was sailing, when he was in the army etc etc. I was listening all the while, because I was damn tired. We stayed till the shop was about to close then we headed home. M joked and said he would throw me into the ‘jungle’ and feed me to the wolves. I said he was the wolf hahaha. I was a little worried sitting in his car, because before meeting me, he was already drinking with his friends, and was already half drunk. But then, he managed to send me home safe and sound.

Nice guy, but gals, before you all get too excited, I don’t think he is the one for me. Mainly because we share very different values in life, and I dont think I can spend my life with someone who is permanently in a drunkard state.

Weekend was a relaxing and lazy one. I spent most day sleeping on Saturday. Woke up for my facial in the afternoon, went grocery shopping at Cold Storage, and home to cook for my baby. Met D for a movie at night. We had wanted to catch Sinking of Japan, so we finally saw it on Saturday. Th0se who are planning to watch, dont have too high expectations. Well, watching so many people die, is afterall, not a very good feeling. Especially when you see how everyone rushed to save themselves while trampling on others. Sad, sad, sad. It was a pretty predictable plot. Graphics were quite good though. The female lead was damn chio hahaha.

Sunday was lagi more lazy. Practically did nothing. More sleeping (I basically wanted to catch up with what I lost over the past week), bathed my baby, and spent time with mum. Went over to D’s place to watch DVD. Had wanted to pester him to do up my blog, but then end up I also felt too lazy to open my mouth to ask hahaha. So I just watched dvd, HBO, played with his 3 cute dogs, and relax.

Oh, his 3 dogs are so cute. Bubbles (Not the human Bubbles my friend, but his dog, a Shih Tzu, which is also named Bubbles) kept licking me all over. She always looked at me with those sweet innocent eyes, I just had to sayang her. Joy (another Shih Tzu) is the more reserved one. D had told me before that she had been away from him for some time before, so maybe during that time she suffered from some kind of trauma. But she is still fun loving, kept playing with her soft toy. I guess D managed to ensure her that he still loves her. Ode (mini schnauzer, though I kept telling D he doesnt look like 1) was the naughty one. He was the youngest of the lot, and most playful one. Kept disturbing his 2 jiejies. Bubbles and Joy will play with him, but when they get too irritated, they will scream at him hahaha. Cute! Elfie was damn jealous when I got home. He kept sniffing me all over, like inspecting me inch by inch. Must be Bubbles saliva all over me hahahah.

I had wanted to get a companion for Elfie too, but I am also worried that mum may not be able to handle them when I am not around. One Elfie is enough to drive her crazy, I cant imagine another dog if he/she is as playful and unteachable as Elfie.

I got a call from DD last Friday. I had been avoiding all his calls and not replying his smses. But he called my office number. Although I have caller ID at work, it was unexpected, and I usually pick up my calls quite fast, so I ‘accidentally’ picked up his call. By the time I looked at the caller ID, it was too late.

He had been sort of updating me with his life all the while, though I do not know whether to believe or not. One moment he told me he lost his job, the next he felt like dying. One moment he told me he was in hospital for a major op, few days later he was up and about going for an interview. How to believe him, tell me? He asked me why I never replied when he told me he was hospitalized. In my heart, I was glad I didnt because obviously it was a lie to me. For what, I dont know. He asked if we could reconcile. I told him a straight no. I know I couldnt trust him anymore… And I didnt want myself to get hurt another time. So I told myself to be very, very choiceful before I get involved in a new relationship. Afterall, it concerns my future happiness. If I cant ensure that that person is able to give me happiness, I would rather stay alone and make myself happy.

Nevertheless, I will keep looking out for that person. If you have someone nice, please do not hesitate to contact me and let me know ok? Haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.