Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Hate Whiners

I was running late this morning (again) so I took a cab to work. Unfortunately, the cab I flagged down happened to have a whiner-driver.

I hate whiners, maybe because I am one myself muahahahah.

He kept saying how long he had been driving around in my area without a single passenger, how there are many passengers in Ang Mo Kio area, how much he had been losing out driving around without one.

I couldnt be bothered. I thought silently: What about the times when there are so many people trying frantically to flag down a cab, but all the cabs without passengers just drive past without even looking at the line of people waving like lunatics down the streets? What about the times when everyone is trying to get a cab, but empty cabs just come to the taxi stands and say ‘change shift’, and drive away empty?

Ok, this is the time when I should be feeling sorry for the cab drivers, because it is so hard for them to make a living, but I dont. My hard-hearted moments…

No comments: