Tuesday, November 21, 2006

HP and Me

HP and I used to be close. Why I said ‘used to be’, and not ‘are’, is because I suddenly feel that we are so distant now.

Maybe its because she felt neglected during the times when I was busy with work. I admit, I will sort of just shut off from everyone everytime my current boss comes back. Because I know that I will be frustrated and get short-fused most of the time. Because I know that I will not be able to make any appointments for myself. Because I know that I will not have any nice face/mood to show anyone. That is why I prefer to just keep off everyone’s track.

Bubbles is different. Because she sits right behind me. I guess there is no way I can avoid her, or vice versa. But I guess she has gotten used to my short-temperedness and constipated look whenever my boss comes back. And she has learnt to ignore me everytime I show that face (right Bubbles?).

Maybe its because I have my own commitments now – my baby be the major one. I am a dog lover, and a responsible one at that (chey!). Since I have made the important decision to get one, I should take up the responsibility of taking good care of it. From feeding it, to bathing it, to grooming it, to exercising it, to playing with it, I would like to be responsible for it, if I can help it.

My mum helps me take care of my baby when I am not around. But when she travels, which is quite frequent nowadays, I will have to take full charge of baby. Especially the feeding part. Since I started him on HCF, I have to make sure that there is someone home to cook for him everyday. If not, I myself will no matter what go home and feed him first. And being the lazy me, once home I will be less likely to be out again. Unless someone offers to come and pick me up and send me home. Yes I am pampered, I know.

Having told my mum to try to be around when my boss is back (she also knows that I will not be able to make it home early when boss is back), she will try to travel only when my boss is away. Having said that, my boss back and my mum traveling means I will not be able to meet my friends very often, unless its later in the evening, or someone comes pick me up and send me home.

Like now, my boss just went back, and my mum has gone to KL again.

In fact, I think the people I spend my time with most now are my dog lover friends. Usually we will bring our dogs together, let them play, while we talk amongst ourselves. That is our favourite past time.

HP said that she missed our dinner dates we used to have. That was before I joined this workaholic boss, and before I got my baby. Maybe I really did neglect her after all the changes made.

Nowadays, both of us are quite aloof with each other. But, of course, when we do meet, we still joke and laugh like old times.
Maybe, we have both grown up.

Maybe, we have both made changes to our lives.

Maybe, things will never be the same again.

But, one thing I am sure of, is that no matter what misunderstandings we have, or how we may hurt each other in the process of growing up, we will always be there when one of us needs the other to be.

Thats what friends are for, isnt it?

P/S: I know people reading this are people who knows HP and me. I know HP also reads this. I know this may cause abit of a commotion. But this is what I am feeling right now. MAYBE, I am just being too sensitive, as always.

No comments: