Friday, November 24, 2006

Not Fair!

One of my friends told me that there is a Victoria Secret Sale at a building near my office this weekend, starting today. I very excitedly pulled M along to see if there is any good stuff to grab, during lunch.

We happily walked to the building near our office, to discover that the queue at the cashiers was already snaking round and round and round. How horrifying!! Still, I wanted to see if there is any good buys. I saw CK Men’s briefs going for $10 (too bad I do not have anyone to buy them for now. Ha!), Mango Ts for $10, Adidas sweaters going for $15, and more and more and more…

BUT, the crowd inside was too much for me to bear. I am someone who doesn’t like crowds, and avoid them at all costs. You will never see me in town area on a weekend, unless I die die have to go. Crowds gives me headaches.

Anyway, the stuff were more like factory outlet quality. The tags were cut off, or a hole was made to cover/camouflage the brand name. So, I guess its not worth me fainting over shopping here.

M and I quickly walked out of the store and decided to grab some lunch nearby. M said that she needed to get something for her boss. It was her boss’ birthday!! And she had no idea what to get. She asked me, someone who has not worked with her boss before, and never spoke more than 10 lines with her boss before, what to buy.

I could only give her suggestions. Afterall, she should be able to know what her boss likes or dislikes better than me, right?

As we walked back to the office, I pointed out to M the shoe shop that I thought had very nice designs. I couldn’t resist stepping in when I saw a pair of red checked shoes. So pretty! But then, I managed to step out without buying anything, because my shoe rack is already full and almost tumbling down due to being overloaded with shoes.

WHY? Why do women have to own so many pairs of shoes, and still want to buy more? Men can own 1 pair and that can bring them anywhere for more than a year. Why do we women have to coordinate everything from hair accessories to clothes to handbag to shoes? Why do we have to spend money on skincare and cosmetics on top of everything I just mentioned, and yet, our salary range is always lower than that of a man? WHY?

Its not f-a-i-r!!!

No comments: