Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rare Species

It has been a busy day for me, but I am happy being busy today. Because I know what I am busy for.

I am covering for a colleague who has gone on holiday. Maybe because her boss didnt have very high expectations of me, as I was only a stand-in, but I still felt that this boss is a nice one. I believe if it was my boss, she would have screamed her head off already (Although I have not done anything that would have made this nice boss scream his head off).

It has been so long, since I felt the happiness of being busy, being useful, the feeling of having contributed to an organization, to the business.

Usually, I think even the temp guy next to me is more useful than I am. (Side track a little: today it was my handphone that kept ringing, when my PC made that someone’s-handphone-gonna-ring-soon sound, so I am happy with him hahahaha)

Usually, I am a high class printer. I print and I print and I print.

Usually, I am a walking thumb drive. I save and I save and I save.

I ever mentioned to R the kind of work I am doing. She said that my company must be very rich to employ me with my kind of salary to do the kind of work I am doing for them. I just smiled. Well, I am afterall, a high class printer cum walking thumb drive what. I am a rare species, you know. You dont get a lot of such species around you know. Of course you have to pay higher to get this kind of quality.

Being one of a rare species is not good news. Because rare species either get extinct very soon, or get exterminated by the not-so-rare species because they are not so popular with them.

I think I better do something about it, before I get extinct, or get exterminated by the more popular species.

No comments: