Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Everything Must Match!

Look what my baby did to my heels!!!!


This is the 3rd pair he has chewed. And for some reasons, he prefers to chew on my black heels. So now, I am left with 1 pathetic pair of all black shoes/heels! GRRR!!!

As most men will already know, women can never live with only one pair of shoes in one colour. Take me for instance. I have 3 pairs of pink/lilac shoes, 6 pairs of black/grey shoes/slippers (used to be 9), 2 pairs of beige, 3 pairs of white, 1 in turquoise, 1 in green, and some I cant remember what now.

It is not because we love spending money, that we have so many pairs of shoes. It is easy for men to dress up, but for us women, we have to spend time coordinating our clothes. We have to see whats the occasion, match the color, match the pattern, match the bag, match the shoes. Not easy ok. Try dressing up a woman one day, and you know its not. When people throws you looks of envy when you hold a woman you dress up, then you will start to appreciate the time we women spent dressing up for you. Then you will realize the long wait for your girlfriend/wife to get ready for a date is worth it.

Not that I want to own so many pairs of shoes. I dare say that none of my quite so many pairs are the same. Some I bought, because I need them. Like black, is a definite basic pair you will need. Some I bought because they are pretty. Some I bought because some days I walk out of the house in very mismatched clothes and shoes, which I will realize then will look for something that is matching.

The same goes for bags. I believe many of you women out there owns more than 5 bags. Me? Countless. Although the ones I used are usually the same ones hahaha. Well, thats because my bags are kept high up in the compartment right on top of my wardrobe, and its very troublesome to get them out. So I just stick to, and rotate among what I have below, which is 2 black, 1 beige, 1 white, 1 dirty green, and 1 dinner bag.

Other than that, I am also a everything-must-match-or-be-the-same-brand freak. For example, shampoo and conditioner must be, or preferably la, the same brand. If I am using Sunsilk shampoo now, I will definitely buy a Sunsilk conditioner. Never a Pantene with Sunsilk. Or Elseve with Ascience. Always the same brand, same line.

Same with skin care. I am a loyal fan of Biotherm. My basic skincare, and some other essence, all Biotherm. Only the paper masks which I use quite diligently, are from different brands. Cant afford to buy those from Biotherm hahaha.

Speaking of which, I realize that I am already not doing a lot to my skin. What I have now:

Cleanser
Toner
Day essence
Day Moisturiser
Sunblock
Night essence
Night Moisturiser
Eye cream (which I admit I am not very diligent with)
Weekly exfoliator
Weekly essence
Miscellaneous paper masks
Wash off mask

Dont wow at my list, because I have seen much much longer lists in one of the forums I frequent. Mine is nothing compared to some people there. Guys included.

I am also a sucker for body lotions, moisturizers, body butter, hand lotion, hand cream, and anything of that sorts. The time I went to Phuket, I bought nothing but shampoo, conditioner, and lots of body moisturizers! Hahaha… Oh, and I still have 3 tubs of Natural Source Sugar Cane body whip waiting for me at my baby’s Godma I’s house! Woohoo! That should be enough to last me for like… 2 years?

Another thing I love to do – Manicure. Oh yes, I love it so much. Its one of the I love most to pamper myself. See my latest nails.

French Manicure - Red with Silver tips

The same red with nail art on both big toes


Bubbles said my toes looked like there are nsects on them. Hmm… yes I think they are too chunky too… Maybe next time ask them not to put so much :)

The place I do it now is called Nails In Love at Jalan Membina Barat, right opposite Tiong Bahru Plaza. I always enjoy my sessions there, not only because I find their service and skills quite good, but also because the 3 girls there always make me laugh a lot when I am there. I remember once when I was really down, I just wanted to shut myself away and enjoy my manicure. The girls there talked and joked so much with me, I totally forgot about my troubles. I like the way they are – simple, happy, enjoy what they do.

Ok, I am going to stone my day through. Woke up at 5.30 today to come into office early. And I slept at like 1.30 last night…

I need my beauty sleep…







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGED!!!
To think that you are a LOYAL FAN of Biotherm? My dear ... how can?? I am sure your ex-ex company have a w-i-d-e enough range of products to choose from ... why Biotherm leh! It's a sad day for me ... to think you secretly covet a competitors' brand and contribute to their sales growth ... Really Unacceptable! Money should always flow back to the source, not outside mah ;)

Rose said...

J- er... that was when i used to get them F-R-E-E or with discounts... ahahaha! OOOPS!

Anonymous said...

Hallo ... spend $$$ with us not others mah ... anyways, next time we meet, will pass you samples & products ... can't stand you use OTHER people products that's all. Hopefully, our line works for you la ... ciao!

Rose said...

Yeah! I got myself samplessssss!!!! Hahaha