Friday, November 10, 2006

Am I A Blardy Racist?

I was so so so so busy today, that I did not have the time to drink water, go toilet, or blog. Now I can understand why my colleague who has gone on holiday stays back late everyday. The stack of paper in her boss’ room is enough to keep me busy for the whole day, needless to say she has tons of other work waiting for her to do.

I felt so bad today… I actually told a friend to ‘rescue’ me from an event tonight. He was someone I knew from Match.com. We chatted quite abit and talked on the phone for a few times. He seemed like quite the perfect guy. I was all ready to meet him already. BUT! Suddenly he asked me if I knew he was Indian….

For those who know me, you will know that I die die also wont date an Indian. Not that I have anything against them. I am fine with having Indian friends. But having one as a boyfriend, or as a lifetime partner is a different story. I have always told myself that I will marry a Chinese man, if I ever do get married. No Caucasian, no Malay, no Indian. Only Chinese, and Chinese only. I am a rather traditional woman, and I only believe in marrying someone from my own race.

Usually, the race is one of the first few questions that I would ask, because I wouldnt want to waste his time, or my own time. But somehow, in this particular case, I totally skipped this question. I couldnt even detect anything when we spoke on the phone. He really did not sound like one.

I was a little shaken when he told me that. I even joked with him.

‘Dont bluff.’ I said.

‘Its true. I thought you knew after talking on the phone.’ He said.

He asked if I still wanted to meet him. I said ‘Sorry, but no.’

For some reasons I do not know, he seemed to be quite smitten with me. He sounded really disappointed and sad when I changed my mind about the meeting. He was actually planning a rather romantic night, and was all excited about our first date. And I had to shower a whole tub of cold water on him.

I really felt bad. Still do. I know how it feels like to be rejected for some reasons that you have no control over. I know it feels like shit. And I have just hurt someone in that exact manner.

Rose, you deserve a real hard kick in your axx.
P/S: I managed to get off the event because I was so so so busy, I still had a stack of papers on my desk when the rest were leaving. Sigh, is it good or bad?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cher: go 4 it... no harm getting to know him as a fren better. but rem, wat i told u b4.. mus go out in grps 1st..dun meet 1-1, dangerous sia...

Rose said...

Cher> i scared... hahaha... dun wanna give pple false hopes anymore