Thursday, March 22, 2007

Maybe...

Some things, I guess, can never be avoided. The more you avoid, the more it comes back to you. So I guess (again) the best way to deal with it, is to, well, deal with it, when it comes.

Guess who I met when I was getting some takeaway lunch just now?

My ex-boss. The one who suddenly ‘hit on me’, after I left the company.

Update:

The last I mentioned him was at EH’s wedding, where I literally ‘fled’ from the dinner venue, like Cinderella did, except I wasn't wearing glass slippers, and I didn't drop my shoe.

The next time he smsed me ‘Merry Christmas’, I did not reply him, hoping that he would stop if he did not get any reply. Which I thought he did. But no, after CNY, he smsed me ‘I forgot to wish you Happy Chinese New Year!’, to which, I ignored too, again hoping that he would forget my existence after that.

But, 人算不如天算, as I was walking to the order counter, I thought I saw a familiar figure sitting at the table near the main entrance, from where I was walking in from. And he flashed me his big smile. So, I had no choice but to walk to him and say hi, at the very least.

We had the polite handshake, and chatted abit, like how I was doing, how he was doing, his current secretary is leaving (which I already knew from my ex-colleagues) blah blah blah. And he found out that I was working at the next building *shivers*. I don’t think he would ask me out for lunch one day, would he?

And then I gave some excuse that I need to buy my food and get back to work, and ended our brief conversation.

Oh well, maybe he really did not mean anything by those smses he sent me. Maybe it was just a friendly gesture. Maybe he was just trying to be nice.

Afterall, he was with a female friend just now. Maybe she is his close friend?

Maybe…

Anyway, the first thing I did when I came back to the office, was to wash my hands with soap.

I am still the clean freak I am kekekeke….

P/S: Lucky I am not wearing that top I wore to take the picture of my new hair, or any other tops that are low-cut/translucent/revealing. If not, that wouldn’t be the end of the story, which I hope it is…

No comments: