Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Leftover Sugarcane

I think many of my friends are worried that I will be left on the shelf. Meaning I can’t find a boyfriend, and I won’t be able to get married.

Why I say that? Because in the past 3 months, not 1, not 2, but 3 of them tried to introduce me to their ‘eligible’ friends.

First one is my ex-colleagues LT, KT and EH, who introduced me to the motorbike guy.

Second case, my CEO’s secretary mentioned to Bubbles that she thought I was ‘a good girl’, and finds me compatible with one of the male colleagues in the office, but on a different level. Bubbles ever mentioned that, that guy is a nice guy, very helpful, very stable. Well…

Third case, now even my neighbourhood-doglover-friend D, wants to play matchmake. He is asking how I find that optical shop guy (D recommended me to make my new glasses and lens in that shop), and if I am interested to know more about him.

And just as I hung up the phone with D, barely an hour later, that guy from the optical shop called me to go back for a review. Do you think this is another ploy by D, like what my ex-colleagues did? Hmmmmm……

Actually, if I am really left on the shelf, I think I can handle it la. Anyway, I am happy with what I have now, and I have experienced things that others might not have, be it good or bad. I can say that I have ‘been there, done that’, so in terms of relationships, I think I can only leave it to fate. Have, good. Don’t have, then so be it.

People always said that if you are on the verge of death, the person you love most will be on your mind. Yesterday, when the building shook, and we all evacuated, although I knew that the building will probably not collapse, I still felt a little scared. As I was walking on the streets, I started thinking of all the ‘what if’ questions. What if I got back into the building, and the situation got worse? What if, suay suay I go back then the building collapse? What if I happened to be in the lift, then the tremors come again, and the power supply gets cut off, and I get stuck in the lift and die from suffocation? And the person I love immediately came to my mind. I started calling. And as usual, in times like this, the network is always busy. I tried calling the same number for like 20minutes, dialing and redialing over and over again. When the call finally went through, the response was not what I expected. Well, maybe the feeling is not mutual…

Its ok. I have been through enough to learn the skill of immunity. Just brush it off, watch some funny-but-meaningless Taiwanese variety programs, have a good night’s sleep, and I assure you, anything also cannot harm you!

Very Ah Q I know, but I like and it makes me happy. Thats the super power of Ah-Q-Rose. Can?

No comments: