Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Earthqauke!

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD !!!!!

I just felt the terror of an earthquake a few minutes ago!

Ok… I am exaggerating, but my whole office building was shaking! And not only our building, a colleague got an sms from her friend a few buildings away, also felt her building shake.

I was happily typing away, relaxed because boss is finally going back, when I felt really giddy. I had never experienced such giddiness before, so I thought I was really sick. I could feel myself sway left-right-left on my chair. I was about to put my head down on my table to rest when my colleague stuck her head out and asked ‘Do you feel the building shaking?’ Then we heard the blinds behind us and compactors in front of us shake. Then we realized, earthquakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Then everybody started standing up and asking questions ‘Did you feel it shake?’ ‘Did you feel giddy?’ ‘Should we evacuate?’ etc etc etc.

The shaking had stopped by now. I thought should be ok, so went back to sit down, and continue doing my work, as did my colleague sitting in the next cubicle. I thought I would sms Bubbles, since she was away on a business trip today, and had missed out the little ‘adventure’.

‘OMG! Our building is shaking! Should we evacuate?’

Then I heard HR, which is only a door away, locking their door, and starting to evacuate themselves, without informing anyone that they are leaving (What a good Human Resource department). Then Bubbles called me.

‘What do you mean?’

‘Er.. the whole building was shaking lor.’

‘Like earthquake?’

‘Ya,’

At this time my office was ringing. I recognized my other colleague’s mobile number.

‘Then what are you waiting for? Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!’

‘Okok!’

I picked up my office phone.

‘Rose, you are still in office?’

‘Er.. ya.’

‘They are all evacuating! XXth floor all down here already, HR also all came downstairs already!’

‘Ok, I am coming down!’

And I grabbed my colleague sitting in the next cubicle, who was still talking to her Japan counterpart, and we dashed to the lift. Ok, I know it’s a bad idea to take the lift at this point, but… anyway, we reached downstairs safely.

We saw loads and loads of people at the ground level. Apparently, everyone (almost) had evacuated their buildings, and waiting for news. Everywhere, you can hear the same thing ‘Did you feel it?’ ‘I felt giddy’ ‘Everywhere was shaking’ etc etc etc.

Soon after, we learnt that it was Sumatra who suffered the real earthquake. We only kenna the tremors, and all already panicked like that. Imagine the real thing…

Who knows how many people will be dead or injured, and how much these people have lost in this calamity…

If I can make a wish, I wish for zero calamities in this world.

Ok, make it 2 wishes.

World peace.

;p

No comments: