Wednesday, March 28, 2007

390 Million

Bubbles is back, and she updated me on her trip. She blogged about V’s BIG house, and she was still talking about it over lunch. I guess anyone would be awed by such an ostentation. If I have the opportunity, I would also wanna see the BIG house hehehe.

And, again to Anonymous from Bubble’s blog – Thanks but no thanks. I know who that guy is, and we have both given each other not a very good first impression, and I don’t think I wanna live with his parents high up on the mountain. ;p

I remember I had a classmate, who lived in a similar house in Singapore. Maybe not as big, but still big in my opinion, for a family of four. And as far as I know, that friend of mine does not have any maids.

There are basically 4 levels in the house. Or was it five, because I remembered there was a dining area, and a basement. Oh yes, Bubbles, now I remember, this friend of mine also has a lift in the house.

One level for his parents, one level for his brother, one level for that friend, one level living room + dining area. I can’t remember if they had any gym or swimming pool though.

If the father is on one level and wants to look for the son, he will intercom for him using the phone. Like how a boss would do to his staff. If I remember correctly, he ever told us that his father used to be in the military, not sure doing what. So maybe he is used to being ‘summoned’ like that. But for me, I just find it so… unfeeling.

That is just my opinion lah. Of course some people may like it, I don’t know…

Maybe, I wouldn’t be able to fit into such a household. As in, the background, culture, everything also tak match. I think, I will feel very uneasy staying there, if I ever marry into such a family.

Like, I am sure the things we talk about will be different.

Like, I am sure they will have a lot of socializing to do, which I hate.

Like, I am sure they have a lot of rules to follow, which I am also sure I will break all of them.

I am comfortable being just me. No pretense. No bullshit. I don’t need tons of money to spend (of course, if I do, it’s a big bonus ;p), and I don’t like to be doing nothing all the time. I think I will go crazy, and wish I can die faster.

Let me see, if I have the money, what will I do?

Hehehe, this reminds me of the conversation me, YL and LA had in Taipei, when we were chatting away in the late nights – What would we do if we struck 390 million? (Update: YL: reminded me that the 390 is in USD ;p)

Me?

I would open a manicure place. Everyday just indulge in mani/pedi. Them I would start writing my book. And if no one buy, I will buy them all and distribute to friends! Ahahaha! And I would also open a florist, and learn flower arrangement. And I would send my friends fresh flowers everyday, or once a week. LA and YL already said they would remember this and make sure I keep my promise ahahaha!

I would buy a house big enough for my mum and me. Erm, since I don’t want to drive, I guess we will stick to taking cabs. Oh yes, bring my mum to the places she wants to visit. Invite my bro’s Godparents, so she will have company, while I go shop or something ;p. Get Elfie a companion. No breeding, of course. Do some charity work, maybe.

YL would import clothes from Korea, set up a cart, and sell clothes. But her cart will only be in business from 11am – 4pm. Ahahaha! And she will buy a car, and hire a chauffer. Why she doesn’t want to drive herself, I can’t remember ;p. (Update: YL said that she is lazy! And emphasized that it has to be a mini cooper!)

LA… what did she say? I think she said she would go back to school, and study something, and travel the world. (YL also can’t remember what LA said, bah..)

Sigh… When will we strike that 390 million?

No comments: