Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My 'Kids'

Today, one of my colleagues came over to my desk and saw the picture of Elfie on my PC desktop.

‘Your dog ar?’

‘Ya, cute hor?’

‘Ya, Shih Tzu very cute.’

‘Wah, you still can recognize it’s a Shih Tzu ar, fur so short.’

‘Can, because I also have dog mah. How old is your dog?’

‘1 and a half yrs old.’

‘Oh, so still very young. You ever had a dog when you were pregnant?’

(Me -_-''') ‘I was never pregnant…’

(My colleague with a paiseh look) ‘Oh.. then who is the little girl I saw with you on your handphone wall paper?’

‘That’s my niece la!’

And we both burst out laughing…

Yes, not only her, a few people ever asked me things like ‘How long are you married/How old is your daughter/How many kids do you have/etc etc etc’ because they saw my photo in my Yahoo, or handphone. Maybe my niece and I look alike hehehe.

If I can have a daughter so cute, so big, without having to go through the 9 months’ pregnancy, and the pain of childbirth, I seriously don’t mind…;p

Although I do not have any real kids of my own yet, I do have a furkid, Elfie lah. He is really like my son. I worry if he doesn’t eat. I worry if he doesn’t poo, or poo too much. I worry if he is too inactive. I worry if he is alone at home.

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night, because I felt that something wasn’t right. Then I saw Elfie sitting at the edge of my mattress, looking at me.

Then, he started this familiar action of wanting to puke. And he did. Then I realized, I was awaken by the sound of him puking, because I saw another patch of puke at another corner. I quickly got up to clean up the mess, in case someone woke up to go to the loo and stepped on the mess, and also reassuring him that it was ok, Mummy (me) would clean up, because he looked so guilty of puking and dirtying the place.

And after that, I couldn’t fall asleep again. Because I just felt that it wasn’t over. Elfie was also very restless. First, he slept on my mattress on his side. Then shifted to lie flat. Then went down to the floor. Then sat up. And so did I. He looked at me with sad eyes. And started the action of puking again. I got up again to clean up the mess a second time, and also to cuddle him, to tell him it was really ok, I knew he was not feeling well. Then we both fell asleep.

Oh yes, Elfie has this habit of swallowing things on the floor. And my mum has this habit of dropping things on the floor. So far, I have cleaned up puke of pistachio nut shells, Rocher wrapper (which was last night), a whole middle joint of a chicken wing, orange seeds, peanuts, and I can’t remember what else. No matter how many times I told my mum to pick up things that she dropped, or to clear the rubbish once she is done eating, she just refuses to listen, and thus the frequent puking of Elfie.

Oh well, there is nothing much I can do, since she is my mum, and I can’t do anything else besides telling her off gently. I can’t be home all the time to clean up after her, so I can only hope that Elfie gives up the habit of swallowing things, which is quite unlikely to happen.

Anyone has any solution?

No comments: