Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Act of Chivalry

Today, I finally found the only man in the whole of my office! *Applaud*

Why do I say that? Yes definitely, there are men in my office, but to me, they are not real men. Hmmm… Come to think of it, maybe because they don’t think I am real enough a woman for them to act men? Kekeke… Maybe…

Every morning, my routine would be the same. First thing I do is to switch on my PC, then take my tumbler/cup/container to the pantry to wash and fill them up. I am the well-known 水桶 in the office, because I drink a lot more water than many of them. You can tell by the size of my container – 2 liters (or is it 3?).

Sometimes, if I am lucky, the water dispenser would still be full or at least half full, enough for me to fill up my container, and still have water in it for others to fill up theirs. But when there is someone earlier than me, sometimes I would find an empty container there. So I would have to replace the empty one with a new one.

By right, if you are the filling your tumbler/cup, and you know that you have used up all the water in that container, wouldn’t you have the good mind to replace it, so that the next person doesn’t need to? I would. But obviously, not everyone thinks like me. Because 99.999999% of the times, I would see the empty one still standing on the dispenser, staring back blankly at me.

Alright, I wouldn’t blame the girls for not doing it, because lifting a 19litres container of water, flipping it over, whilst trying not to fall backwards, then putting it onto the dispenser, is no joke. Even for a fat strong lady like me, would have problems doing it if I did not concentrate hard enough. Once, I did it while talking to a colleague, and suddenly she said something that made me laugh, and ‘BOOM!’, I dropped the 19litres container of water on the floor. People started to run to the pantry to see which elephant had fallen from the ceiling…

So, I wouldn’t blame the girls for not trying. BUT, why is it that fit/strong/young men, would not lift even a finger to help when they see a girl trying desperately to lift the 19litres container of water, I don’t know.

I have experienced not once, not twice, but countless times, when I was changing the container, and there were at least 3 such men sitting at the pantry, totally ignoring the circus act in front of them. Yes, maybe they were having a meeting then, but I am sure it wouldn’t have wasted them even 2minutes if they came to help.

What to do, maybe this fat strong lady is not desperate enough, not chio enough, not sexy enough, not weak enough, or whatever enough, to make these men lift their sexual organs fingers hands to help. *shrug*

So, you can imagine how grateful/appreciative I was this morning, when finally a real man offered to help me change the 19litres container of water.

Maybe, there is hope in this world afterall…

No comments: