Monday, March 12, 2007

I Realized...

That it has got nothing to do with my old laptop at home that I am not able to blog at home. I suspect it is the broadband that is failing me. Maybe because there are too many workstations sharing one broadband meant to be for one workstation, it keep getting disconnected, and when that happens, my post is not able to get uploaded into blogger, and now with my new laptop, the same thing happens again. So… yeah, I am back to blogging at work, and here is my weekend blogs.

Friday
YL and I met EN, who is back from Holland to visit her dad. I was actually quite reluctant to do this ‘gathering’, because I am not particularly close to EN, and I think I will have nothing to talk to her about. But EN has been haunting me to meet up, and since I had not met her the last 2 times she was back, I decided that I can no longer put it off. So I went.

We met at Crystal Jade at PS. Her hubby was there too. And of course her cutie pie daughter LeAnne. In the beginning, it was quite awkward, because we really did not talk anything much. Even YL, the usual talkative, friendly girl could not really find any topic. But then, I guess the 3 of them were tired ,being out the whole day, and EN was, as I have known her to be, being kan chiong about her LeAnne’s dinner. Worse, since she is with her second child now, I guess her mood swings are more than usual

But after a while, when LeAnne started to warm up to me and YL, things got a little better. Well, yes, nothing can get boring when you have a cute little baby/toddler around. For some reasons I don’t know, LeAnne got really amused by me. Maybe that day my bitterguord face transformed into some comical style, and made LeAnne laughed and laughed when she put out her hand, and I put out my hand, and she would laugh very heartily. This went on throughout the entire dinner. Then when she got bored, she entertained herself with my blue colour rubber band that I used to tie my hair up. Then we concluded that EN just found a nanny (me) for LeAnne…

After we parted with EN, YL and me… Oh, I promised YL I wouldn’t tell anyone about what happened after, so I shall not write about that hehehehehe!


Saturday
Today, we celebrated Director’s birthday in advance (Actual day is Mar11). We arranged for dinner at Waraku at Starhub Center. Some people couldn’t make it the last minute. Some people managed to turn up last minute, so well…

Dinner at Waraku was yucky. Funny… because the few times I had been there, the food was quite nice. Gangster also thought the same. But maybe because I have always ordered the paperpot, which was soupy, and so nothing much can be complained about that. Overall, everything can be described with one world – salty.

Because we were quite a big group, we were given a room at the corner of the restaurant. The door was kept closed, and the only way to get their attention was to ring a bell in the room. The first waitress that served us, we all agreed that her attitude sucks. First, sadly, she has a bitterguord face like me. Secondly, she expressed her displeasure at us being indecisive, talking too much, and keeping her waiting, by showing us her bitterguord face. I mean, being in the service line, isn’t the first thing you learn is to smile at your customers? Maybe not all think like me… Thirdly, she slammed the door so loud, that most of us got a little shock, when she left the room.

Some time later, another waiter came to serve us. This one, was so much better than the waitress. First, he had a smiley face. Secondly, he asked us if everything was ok every now and then. Thirdly, he responded to our bell quite quickly. Most importantly, he made us happy. Someone was commenting that we are like a group of typical old ladies - fussy, talkative, want to be pleased – and therefore, we were easily satisfied by the pleasant young man, who readily agreed to anything we wanted. Come on, are we getting there already????

Although everyone complained that the food was salty, for some reasons I don’t know again, we kept ordering and ordering. And you wouldn’t believe it, we actually finished all the food, except for some cod fish roe thingy that HP wanted to try (so we left it all to her), and a cheesy thingy dish that came too late when we were all already full up to our neck. I should have known my friends better than to let them order food…

After dinner, JB-ren and Travolta left, one needed to fetch her daughter, the other one sick. The rest of us headed to Director’s house for – wine. Gangster said it was time for us to learn to be atas, so… Yeah, we are learning!

After a while, I whipped out my camera and started taking pictures of things around Director’s house. Director saw, and she commented that bloggers like me likes to take photos, because if they don’t have photos, they don’t have anything to put in their blog. So thanks ya Director, for giving me something to blog about! Kekekeke.

A mahjong table that was purchased, because we wanted to use her house as our gambling den, but now for entertainment pusposes.

TV mounted on a false wall that looks like a fireplace
Our wine...
A road sign that Director and Gangster 'stole' when we were much much younger
An old window grill, now used as a photo frame. Brilliant, aint it?

A Mr. Bean sitting in a Beetle. I don't really like the doll... looks scary to me...

Rocking chair with a cool design on it! Start rocking!


A nice Vespa one of Director's friend left ion her house for 'display'. How come no one leaves such nice things in my house???



Sunday
Today is the last day of the IT Show. Despite me saying that I wanted to avoid the weekend crowd, I still decided to go down and take a look at portable hard disk, and… some other stuff.

As I was getting changed, HP smsed me, and asked if I was going down. She wanted to join me because she wanted to get a digital camera. So we met on the bus (yeah we sort of timed it so that we can meet each other on the bus), and went down to Suntec City.

We were there quite early, just a while after the show opened the doors. But the crowd was quite scary already. Both of us had decided that we would be fast in our buys, and would just get out from the place as soon as we could. But, we still stayed there for a good 4 hours…


The crowd doesnt loook much from here, but this is only the ground level, not the IT Show yet. Trust me, this is only part of it...
Thats the jam on the bridge to the convention center


And this is my erm… new camera…




So yeah, that was my busy weekend. And this week, I am gonna keep myself very busy, because I need to start packing things. I am moving office! From one level to another level. Very soon, I wouldn’t be so close to Bubbles.

I think, I am gonna miss her a lot…

No comments: