Monday, December 18, 2006

Xmas Shopping

6 more days and its Xmas!!!! Time really flies man!!! Been busy doing my Xmas shopping. More or less done now. Just left with a few people whom I have little or no idea what to get.

I went to do some last minute shopping yesterday, because I realized that I had to send the presents over to China, and I need at least 3 days. So if I want them to get the presents on time, the latest I can send is Tuesday!! And I have not bought anything for them yet!!! So chiong down to the stores to see what I can find. In the end, I made do with what I had already ordered before, which I thought was a good idea, since the weather there is cold and dry, should be quire useful right? And for my boss, I bought this nice hair clip. At first I chose another one. It looked nice and innocent, but when I asked the SA the price, it costs friggy $115!!!! My jaws nearly dropped! Then the SA explained the price was so high because the shiny stuff are all Swarovski crystals. No wonder… Although she is my boss, I have no intention of spending such a hefty sum (to me la) on a Xmas gift for her, so I settled for a cheaper one, which also looks quite nice la, also got crystals, but not Swarovski only hehehe…

Then I had to buy something for my ex-ex-colleagues, whom I am meeting on Monday. Y, I already bought for her. J, I have no idea what to get for her. MT, I have some idea what to get for her. L, I bought something practical for her.

Then there are my ex-colleagues, whom I am meeting on Tuesday. I bought the same thing for all 3 of them. E, of course has her not-very-nice wedding scrapbook, which I made for her. Well, it’s the thought that counts right? So even if it is not the most beautiful piece of work, I am sure she wouldn’t mind, right? Hehehe…

Beach gals, I already planned what to get for them, actually already bought for most, just need to collect. The only ones left are Gangster and Director. Every year, they give me the most headache, because they are so different from the rest, I have to think harder what to get for them… But this year, I know what I can do for Director. Gangster… I have to think some more lor… Grrr!

Spent last night wrapping and wrapping and wrapping. Mum asked me to wrap for her as well, since I am already at it. Eldest sis also asked me to wrap her pressies for cousins’ BBs. This morning I smsed Bubbles and asked her to bring her pressies for the China colleagues today, so I can send together. And guess what? She asked me to wrap for her!! Grr! I should start charging them hor! $5 per present. Reasonable right? Hehehe…

Sigh… seems like my Xmas shopping is neverending. Someone always pops up in my mind after I finish shopping for the day. And I thought I am already very good this year, planned long ahead. Still, the same thing happens. Maybe I should just make it a rule not to buy anything for anyone. Except for the beach gals la.

Should I buy for Mr. A? And neighbourhood-doglover-friend D? and M? And… Ok stop it! If I see what I want to buy for them, I will buy. If not, then forget it, ok? Ok…

How about TK? And Godma I… And doglover-friend R…………….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion...buy 2 dozen of free-size bra and everyone lives happily ever after ;)