Thursday, December 07, 2006

Only The Lonely

Was having lunch with Bubbles, when someone tapped Bubbled on her shoulder. It was her boss, the COO. Seeing he was alone, we (or rather, she) invited him to join us at our table. He left his papers at the table and went off to get his food.

Then, Bubbles waved at another person, who just finished buying food and was looking for a seat. It was the VP. We (or rather again, she), again invited him to join us at our table. She told him that the COO was sitting with us, and he jokingly said ‘Wahlau, I was avoiding him, and now you want me to sit with him!’ hahaha!

Although I am just a small fry in the company, I am ok to have 2 big bosses eat at the same small table with me. All I had to do was smile and listen to whatever they had to say, anyway. Mind you, it is not always that I get to sit and eat with them, so its good to do it occasionally and hear what they have to say, and feel what the air is like ‘up there’.

They were talking about some stuff discussed during the meeting earlier, when suddenly, Bubbles waved at another person again. It was the CEO this time. He was talking on the phone, so he just acknowledged us then walked away further. Lucky, because this one, I think, they really avoiding.

Then, yet another familiar character walked past. This one was the VP of another division. Also alone. But would rather not join us, and there was no other seat, anyway.

The above sounds familiar? I believe all of you out there will know:

If you are just a small fry like me, you know that you will never want to lunch with the management team in your office if you can choose.
If you are like one of the above persons I mentioned just now, you will know that when lunchtime comes, you will never seem to be able to find someone available in your office to eat with you.

The same thing in my ex company. My boss, the Director of the division in Asia, lunches alone. He always complained to me that no one wants to lunch with him. The same goes for the GM.

Does it mean the higher in the hierarchy you go, the lonelier you become? I will never know. Because I am not interested to go up there to find out, nor will I ever be able to hahahaha.

D is sick.

Oh, by the way, the ‘D’ in one of my earlier posts, the one that sent me an annoying sms saying ‘I love you’, is not this D.

This D, who is sick now, is my neighbourhood-dog-lover friend. The other D, is my ex-boyfriend (Ok, he shall be known as ex-D from now onwards, if I ever mention him again). So, please do not be alarmed that this D, who is married, said ‘I love you’ to me.

Ok, back to D. He hasn’t been feeling well for the past week. I had been nagging at him to see a doctor, which he pushed off until last Monday. And he simply refused to eat medicine, which he said makes him drowsy and tired. D, medicine drowsy is to make sure that you rest while getting well mah. You don’t rest, how to get well faster? So be a good boy and eat your medicine ok?

Weekend is coming. My boss is flying. Wont see her for at least another 3 weeks. And I am taking week after Christmas off. Woohoo!!!

Rose is in holiday mood now!

No comments: