Saturday, December 09, 2006

Love-Hate Relationship

Its my birthday today. Got a few smses last night, but I was already in dreamland hahaha. So I woke up in the morning to see my friends wish me, and replied them. And woke them all up hahaha!

I had to go to office today (if not you think I can post such a long post with a picture at home meh???) , because my boss had a meeting with a few people. She had assured me yesterday that she would leave by 1pm, so I will not need to stay longer than that.

‘I am mindful of that’, she said. She knew its my birthday today.

This morning when I went to pick up her things from her car, she wished me happy birthday, and passed me a present. A Fossil dress watch! So sweet of her right?

Like I mentioned many times before, she is a nice person, only when it comes to work, she is abit ‘tao-hong’, as Bubbles always says. Sometimes, she is so sweet, and do little things that melt your heart, but others, she makes your blood boil so much you wish you can strangle her to death on the spot.

It’s a typical love-hate relationship we share.

I had dinner with M last night.

Ok, another conflict, I realize. This M, is my drinking friend, not my colleague, M (I shall call her MN next time). So please don’t be confused hehehe.

M took me to this Korean restaurant at Dempsey road. Its only opened for 3 weeks. There are still flowers that say ‘Congratulations!’ standing around in the restaurant. The whole place looked big (although in actual fact, one glance and you can see the whole restaurant) and clean. Nice place. Nice food. I dumped the menu at him and asked him to order. We had charcoal grilled (or BBQ?) rib eye and pork belly (so fatty!), and some pancake of some sort that resembled orh-lua, only the orh is replaced by squid, and the usual many side dishes that Korean restaurants are famous for.

Speaking of Korean, I just had Korean food the night before with JB-ren. She called me on Wednesday but I had to go home for dinner so met on Thursday instead. She wanted to go to this ulu place in West Coast, so ulu that the cab driver didn’t know how to go. The restaurant was in this YESS Building along West Coast Highway. Its very authentic, just like the one I went to with Bubbles and Bluman and Fade in KL. But compared to the one at Dempsey, this one is older (I guess it has been around much longer), the floor looks really oily and dirty, and the furniture a little worn out. But important thing is, the food was still good. Both of us ordered 2 kinds of meat (because the minimum order for Charcoal BBQ was 2 meat >_>) and a Kim Chi Soup. And of course the many side dishes. This one, really was the eat-until-we-cannot-eat type of dinner. In any case, I still opted for Korean food the very next day -_-…

As usual, I stuffed myself with so much food that I couldn’t really move afterward. We adjourned to Wine Network (or was it Wine Company??) to have our wine. We just chatted a little and sipped on our wine and people-watched. M told me about his trip to Phuket. Oh, on Wednesday, he smsed me and bluffed me that he missed his flight on Monday and was stranded in Phuket, and that he swam back specially for my birthday. Yeah, right. Ha!

By the time we finished the bottle, I was a little high. M sent me back home. I was a little disappointed because I was expecting a more romantic night hahaha. But oh well, if its not meant to be, its not meant to be. Sigh…

Will be having dinner with mum, 2nd sis and bro tonight. Maybe do a little more Xmas shopping later.


Happy Birthday Rose! May all your wishes come true!

1 comment:

Qweetina said...

Happy birthday gal.. i got sing you bird-day song hor.. not once, not twice but 3x okay! :P Hope you have a good time with your family tonite. And dont forget to wear the pretty necklace we bot for you ya!