Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Studio Apartment Tenants, Cakes... Not Related At All Hahahaha

Every morning, I will wake up at around 7am. Elfie will follow me when I go to the toilet, brush my teeth, wait by the kitchen for me to cook his breakfast for him, and feed him. Even on weekends, I will wake up latest by 8am, and repeat the same routine. Boring, yes I know. But I like. I no like changes in my routine lifestyle. If I can, I will try to keep it the same way.

There is a block of studio-apartment-for-elderly (is that what you call it?) right next to my block. But not every unit is occupied by an elderly. I think because of low occupancy rate, many units are rented out to singles, or couples who wanted a small place. I have seen lots of interesting people walking into, and out of, that building.

1) A business woman who power dresses a lot. I started noticing her was because there was a period of time we often waited for taxis together along the same street (usually she has someone waiting for her in the car park, yes I know that too ;p). One thing I notice about her is that every part of her dressing is very coordinated. Like if she wears a pink and brown suit, she will wear pink and brown shoes and carry a pink and brown bag. If she wears grey and white suit, she will wear grey and white shoes, and carry a grey and white bag. Sometimes, they are even made from the same material! I never failed to be amazed by her dressing whenever I see her.
2) This one I have never seen before, but heard a lot of him. Every morning, at about 7.30am, there will be a series of sneezes coming from that block. A man’s voice. And its usually a long sneeze that goes ‘Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhchooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo’. Not once, not twice, but a few times in a row. Elfie will look at the window and tilt his cute little head one side and listen to him the whole time. Hahaha.
3) Another man, I think he is a little mentally-disabled. He cries very loudly every morning. Very pitifully too. Makes you want to go over and give him a hug. But then, if you hear it EVERY morning, it becomes like, just a habit.

Before this studio apartment was built, the building that stood there was a one-room flat. Lots of elderly people stayed there too. The one event that I remember so vividly was that an old man commited suicide by jumping down from his 2nd storey flat. And he died. He created quite a big hoo-ha then. Not long after, they teared down the building. The plot of land remained unused for a long long time, and I enjoyed the view I get without the blockage of a block of flat right next to me. I can even see the fireworks during National Day! But after they built this apartment, no more fireworks for me...

Ping just sent me this link:

http://www.roomfordessert.com.sg/cakes.htm

I am a sucker for cakes!!!!

All looks so delicious. All seem to be calling out for me.

How not to get fat, tell me?!

No comments: