Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Happy, You Happy

Dinner went well last night. Everyone was happy (I guess), food was sufficient, although I thought some of my China colleagues found the taste of Rojak weird, which left Bubbles and me and another colleague eating away, wondering what was wrong with Rojak.

After a whole day of walking and listening to boring speeches, I thought that everyone was tired, and would head back for the hotel after dinner. I even saw some girls rubbing their tired eyes, with a ready-to-sleep look. BUT, boss came out with ‘bad news’ that durian was next, followed by Mustafa-the-24hr-shopping-mall. I looked at her, amazed. I mean, I don’t know about boss (yes, my full-of-don’t-know-come-from-where-energy boss), but I knew that they were tired. Plus some of them don’t really like durians (one of the topics I ‘found’ during dinner, since I don’t know them at all), and were not keen for it. Oh well, boss is the boss. If boss says go, we all go. Lucky me, I did not have to follow.

Today is another long day for them, with another dinner tonight. Again, I am the ‘coordinator’ for the dinner, BUT I am not joining them tonight kekeke. After making sure everything is ok, I will leave for my appointment. Going waxing tonight with Elfie’s Godma-I!

I got the Elle magazine 1-for-1 promotion for Hollywood waxing. I jio Bubbles, but she backed out at the last minute, said scared pain… -_-.. so I jio Godma-I instead lor. But Godma-I is almost 5 months pregnant now, so we are both worried that she might not be able to do it, though the therapist told me before that she has done for pregnant woman before, so should be ok right? I also called to ask, and they said should be no problem. So Godma-I, no worries la!

Ex-D called me a few times the day before. I did not pick up the calls. Not that I am being heartless, but I am scared of hearing things like ‘Can we be together again?/How come you never call me?/I am so useless./I wish I can die and leave the insurance money to my family.’ and so forth and so forth. I heard it not once, not twice, but countless times from this man. And to this day, he is still alive. Of course, I am not cursing him to die or disappointed that he did not kill himself, but I am just sick of hearing the same thing all over again for the Nth time. If he has the energy to do all these, why not spend the time looking for a job, or doing something else more meaningful? Yes, I may not have the same feeling for him anymore, but I still wish him well, and I hope that he can pick himself up, soon.

I received an sms from a friend (I shall not reveal who) last night at 3.30am. I think he was feeling quite down, and needed to let out some steam. He mentioned something like ‘its time to start living his own life, instead of for others’.

Sometimes, it is hard to make a decision – to make yourself happy first, or to make others happy first?

I used to think that it is important, and I should always make others happy first, before I can get happy myself. But over the years, I have learnt to be more selfish. I feel that I must be happy first, before others can feel happy too. Maybe its because I am born with a bitterguord face, plus I am not one who will, or can hide me feelings, so if I am not happy, it just shows on my bitterguord face, and that, in turn, makes those around me unhappy as well. So, I conclude that I must first be happy myself, only then can I make others around me happy.

Which, I think, it has made me a happier person. Ask my friends, and I am sure they will tell you that I am a happier person than before. Yes, I may now have that care-less attitude, I may be selfish now, but if it makes everyone happy, why not?

For my that friend who smsed me last night, I hope you can find what you want in life, and do it. I wish you happiness!

No comments: