Thursday, February 08, 2007

Taipei : Days 5 - 7

Day 5 (4 February)
This is a lazy Sunday. LA had planned for us to go to this place call Ying Ge 莺歌 for pottery. I wasn't very keen initially, because I am not artisically inclined, and I have to say that I do not know how to appreciate - pottery. But then, I saw alot of nice stuff, and I only have to say I have no regrets.

YL and I were eager to wear our boots out, so we chose this day to do it. We spent some time thinking of what to wear with them. Eventually, YL wore her new dress, and me wore a skirt I brought with me. Not too bad *grin*.

We had breakfast at this nice Cafe near to Taipei 101 called NY Bagel. This meal is super good man! LA stringly recommended their pancake, so all 3 of us ordered that. I had ham, LA had sausage, YL had... had it plain, I think. Although it was a very very big portion, I finished every singe bit of the meal. Pig me...

We took the railway to Ying Ge, and walked along the streets to the museum. Here, there arelots of arty farty stuff like pottery (of course), mosiac, and... I can't remember. Hehe. Told you I am not inclined in this area and therefore have no space in my mind for them.

The meseum is indeed an eye opener. It showed the history of pottery in Taiwan, from the pottery from the older days to current modern ones, to how pottery contributed to the modern sciences, you name it, they featured it.

We saw they had this giant dump (is this what you call it) set. Instead of the usual 'seeds', they used seeds made of pottery, that looked like dolls. Cute. I took photo of that, but...... You know lah... Erm.. well, there is nothing much I can say about the museum, unless there are pictures to show. So... Thats it ;p
After that, we walked back to the shops to jalan jalan. We stopped by the shop selling mosiac, and spent a long time inside. We had wanted to buy some raw materials and do it in the shop, but then we discovered it will cost more that way, so we chose to buy them and do it back home. The old street of pottery was next. It was another of those memory lanes you always see in Taipei. And there are really lots of pottery shops along this street. YL bought her plates and teapot from here. This was the time when I really start to suffer, because the cheap boots I bought were not cushioned, and the roads there were especialy bumpy. You know what I mean... By this time, my feet were practically going on strike. Luckily, it was time to go off for a nice dinner - Japanese buffet(!) that an ex-colleague recommended. So off we went.
We waited for the train to take us back to Taipei city. We were amused by this group of youngsters, who were on opposite platforms and shouting across to each other. It seemed to be a common sight, because shortly after, a woman and a man on opposite platforms started a conversation too. What amused us more was that group of youngsters started to take photographs of each other, saying the distance between the platform was just right for photo-taking -_-'''.
Dinner was good. Unlimited sashimi, tempura, cod fish, sushi, kimchi soup, giant crab. What else can we ask for? According to my that ex-colleague who recommended us the restaurant, this place is very popular, and you have to make advance booking, else it will be very difficult to get a table. And you are limited to 2 hours of dining. And true enough, after almost 2 hours of eating, we heard the announcement that it was time for our batch to finish eating and go. Yes they do actually keep track of the time you come in. But I guess 2 hours is more than enough, right?
We headed for this salsa dancing pub called Brown Sugar that LA frequent. Its a very nice place! I like! It inspired all 3 of us to go learn Dancing. Well, I had already planned to do it before going to Taipei. Bubbles, I guess it wi have to wait till Boss goes back, ya? I tried to take a photo secretly, but it turned out really dark, so, no pictures here (even if have also can't upload >_<).
We stayed there for some time before going back to LA's apartment at nearly 1am.


Day 6 (6 February)
By this time, YL and I were so relaxed that we couldn’t bother to stick to our itinerary anymore. Yangmingshan was planned, but we decided to skip that, and declared today as a relak day. LA and I talked YL into perming her hair in Taipei. So off we went to search for a hair salon in Xi Men Ding that do hair and nails, so LA and I could do manicure while YL was doing her hair. Er... I have photos too, but I guess you can't see it...
We spent the big half of the afternoon at the salon. By the time all of us were done, it was close to 6pm. We hunted for a place for dinner and settled down at this place call Long Life Crow literal translation).


Long Life Crow
The cakes on display. Yummy!

I was craving for the shaved ice, so we went to the dessert stall to settle my cravings.
Mango and strawberry shaved ice!

Packing time! YL and I had a hard time packing because we overbought (Er.. past tense of overbuy?)!
Lucky I brought a big canvas with me, and I could dump everything inside. But still, it was alot alot of stuff lor.

My loot, 3 pairs of shoes, 1 jacket, 1 pair of leggings, more than 10 books, about 10 pairs of ear rings, lots of food stuff.

My luggage!


YL's luggage. Her loot, if I remember correctly - 4 dresses, 2 plates, 1 teapot, 1 teapot warmer, lots of food.
All bulky items! She practically had to sit on it to zip it up!


Day 7 (6 February)
My breakfast on the last day. An undelicious MacDonald's Sausage Burger. Its called muffin la, but its not lor... And the Coke that came with it tasted like it has been mixed with Fanta Grape and Sprite... Yucks! This is the worst meal I had in Taipei.

We met LA for lunch at Taipei 101.
A rather empty Taipei 101 on a weekday.


Here is a nice cab driver, who helped us with our luggages. We had wanted to take a cab to Hyatt, and take the bus to the aiport. But lazy me was thinking of our super heavy luggages, so I asked this driver how much it would cost to go to the airport by cab. He repluied NT$1000. I took out my wallet and counted my money, and whined to uncle 'I only have NT$800 left. He said he will drop us at the airport for NT$800. Yippee!
P/S: Actually... YL still had money in her wallet, but she thought we might need to spend at the airport, so she kept quiet. Hehehe...

My super big luggage.


My other 10kg luggage sitting on my lap.


This building that looks like a temple is actually a hotel.


It was getting very foggy when we were leaving for CKS Airport. I heard it got worse after we eft. We were lucky our flight took off earlier, because some flights after that got delayed for like 8 hours!


All the money we had left - NT$333


Our last meal in taipei.
My spicy chicken sandwich.


YL's grilled chicken burger.


The pile that looks like shit in the middle is ketchup, la.


The boarding gate.


A China Airlines plane outside. Its very near to us.
Our boarding passes.



Our legs while waiting to board the plane. I know this is super bo liao...


Part of my loot - books!

I bought this for HP. She likes 几米.




Books by 倪匡


One of my favourite authors, 亦舒


Yes HP. I finally bought this in Taipei. Lend you after I finish reading ok!



Random titles.

Sorry folks, that's all the photos I can upload. The rest just refused to be posted. I know some photos are bo liao and disappointing, but then better than nothing hor? Hehehe...

No comments: