Saturday, February 10, 2007

New Lens

Today I went back to the office. Why? Because I have been trying to upload my pictures for the past few days, and not doing any serious work lor. And then hor, it suddenly dawned on me that my boss is coming back tomorrow, and there are things I need to do lor. So, I die die also have to do it today, necause tomorrow, I am bringing Elfie for an outing to Godma I's place. And the worse thing is - they are doing maintainance for the computer room today, so the system will be down from 3pm onwards. So, I have to go early early if I want to finish my work.

After work, I planned to go and make new contact lenses and glasses at my usual optician in Orchard. So I went to Raffles Place station to take MRT. Then I recalled neighbourhood-doglover-friend D's shop is just above the station, so I went to say hi. D told me there is an optician just opposite his shop, where he makes his glasses, and they are not bad. So I went to see whether it will cost me cheaper. But then, having a Master's degree in shortsightedness, I know that anywhere will cost about the same = just as expensive.

Just as I expected, my new contact lens and glasses cost my a hefty sum of $740. I took out my wallet and card holder and tried to remember which credit I had not maxed out yet. In the end, I paid half by cash, half by credit. D stood there, looking at me and shaking his head at the same time...

Bonus, bonus, I need you! Please come soon!

Then I remembered - I can claim optical charges from my company! Maybe not the full sum, but even partial is better than nothing. So I can take back some of the $740. So happy!

Now I shall patienyl wait for my long overdue new lens...

Stay tuned for Taipei : Day 5 - 7!

No comments: