Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine’s Day.

What does this day mean to everyone?

For couples who are just falling in love, this day is the day to express how much you care for that person, to impress him/her (ok, mostly her la).

For couples who have been in love, this is just another day for you to have an excuse to celebrate (aka ask for gifts).

For couples who are married, this is a day to take a break from other chores (kids, household chores), and spend some time relaxing.

For couples who are on the verge of breaking up, this is a day you either make it or break it.

For singles, this is just any other day you feel suffocated by the need to get hitched soon.

Which category do you fall under?
The last time I got flowers for Valentine’s Day was… 2 years ago!!!! So loooooong…

Well, hopefully, next year this time, I won’t be single anymore ;p

***
Yesterday I got a phone call. From UOB. Asking me to sign up for Ladies Card muahahaha.

Know why I laugh so hard?

Remember the time when I was erm… more in debt, and they were chasing me for payment like they are loan sharks? I remember. I remember how they shouted at me over the phone, so rude and curt. How they used that you-owe-us-money tone to talk to me.

At that time, I was owing a few banks money, and no other banks gave me that kind of attitude. I told myself never, NEVER, to use UOB-anything for anything in my life anymore.

And now after a few years, they are taking the initiative to call me and ask me to sign up for their credit facilities?

I was contemplating whether I should take revenge on this poor fella who called me, and give him attitude, play hard to get, and shout at him in return. I decided not to. Afterall, he might not have been one of those (yes, more than one UOB customer service officer did that to me) who shouted at me before. I should not take it out on him, right?
‘Would you like to sign up our UOB Ladies Card?’

‘No.’

‘Why not?

‘Not interested’

‘Why not let me tell you the benefits of the card first? It offers…’

‘No need. I am not interested.’

‘Ok, then… Thank you and bye.’

Yes, I know some people must have ever wondered why I have a few credit cards, and none of them is the most popular UOB Ladies Card.

Now you know why.

No comments: