Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Tribute to Beach Gals... Part 5

I cannot resist but post a blog now. I know I have already posted one earlier, but that was just a one-liner so not counted right? Hahahaha. Msn L yesterday to tell her that we have decided to postpone our Taipei trip to next March. Too taxing on my wallet this year. I think L is abit lonely there. She was expecting us to be there and she sounded quite happy. Sorry to disappoint her, but... I cant help it too.
Being alone in a foreign country can be very lonely. JB-ren also told me that before, even though her stint in foreign countries never really lasted for more than 3 months. Hahahaha... I remember that time when we sent her off to Belgium, we were like so sad and emotional. Who knows, in less than 3 months, she was back.. hahahaha
Ok, since we are at it, lets talk about JB-ren today. I knew her since Sec1. She was No 5 in the 10 Sisters gang. We were also in NPCC together, so she, me and C were quite close then. We hang out alot together. I was quite in awe of her then, bcos she had that kind of sey (style), the kind that will make you respectful of her kind, you know... Maybe bcos her dad was a police officer, and being in NPCC, I was like, wow, you have a police officer in your family. I always had a thing for guys in uniform back then hahahaha.
JB-ren has always been a gal who is very strong-headed (got such an adjective or not? I think so hor). If she believes in something or decided on something, she will never, or should I say, you can never change her mind, unless she does it on her own accord. Can be good but if you hit a blind spot, can make you be at a lost. Plus the fact that she always has lots on her mind. It takes her a very super long time to get over something. For a while, she suffered from insomnia. Not too sure if she still is, but have not heard her complain nowadays, so I guess things are looking better?
Oh, I must explain why I gave her this nick - JB-ren. Reason being, she is forever late. And its not just like 15 or 20 min late. No joke. I still remember this incident in secondary school. Me, her and C were supposed to meet up. Both C and I arrived quite on time, and we waited for JB-ren patiently. We knew she would be late, so we did not panic or anything. When we felt that something was wrong, it was like almost an hour after the time we were supposed to meet. C and I became quite worried, but it did not occur to us to call her house, as we thought she must have left home already. At that time, pagers and handphones were still unheard of, so the only means to reach her was her home number. When we finally decided to call her home, she picked it up. We were like 'WHAT!! You are still at home???' She answered calmly 'Ya, my mum asked me to have lunch, so I am eating my lunch now.' ... -_-" Okaaaaaaaaay... Yes that is her. Typical. Even now, she remains the same. Her logic is: better late than never. Like if she is driving, and she misses a turn, she will go 'Nevermind, I am sure there is another turn somewhere further down. What is important is we reach our destination, not how we get there.' So, how late she is is not important, whats important is, she arrives. That is why we are never panicky nowadays when she never shows up on time. We know she is late. Hahahaha. And we always tease her 'You came from JB ah? Causeway jam ah?' And she will go 'Ya ya'. Thats how the nick came about.
As we grew up, I find that I understand JB-ren less and less. Well, in a way I can say that I know what she is like, what she wants and stuff, but I can never understand why she is so... stubborn. Certain things, she just cannot compromise, or accept that the fact that it will never work out, and she will brood over it for the longest time. Ok.. maybe not everyone is like me, so happy-go-lucky, a little optimistic, and not so determined (hahaha), but I think I am a happier person. 拿得起,放得下 is what I always tell myself to do. But since, JB-ren is a strongheaded gal as I mentioned earlier, I find it difficult to help her sometimes, and it pains me and the rest to see her like that, and we can only stand aside and watch.
JB-ren is currently undergoing a career 'crisis'. She had been upset that she has been passover (? Is this the correct term?) for the previous promotion, plus I think she is a little bored with work now. So she said that if she does not get promoted this time round, she will quit her job (and we can go for our KL trip together!) and concentrate on her pearl business. Oh yes, that is one thing I admire her for. Once she sets her mind to do something, she will go all out to do it. Like this pearl business that she is going into, she had started planning for it some time back, and has been sourcing around for materials since then. She took the trouble to detour to another state when she was on her China business trip to check out the source. Something that I myself might have procrastinate till heaven knows when. She once told me that she will start feeling bored with work if she stays at a place for too long (2 years or so), and asked me if it was just her that felt that way. I gave her a very firm no, bcos I sometimes feel the same way too, and I believe many others too. And it is normal to want to have the best, so I dont think there is any problem for wanting to move to a better place.
JB-ren has not been very lucky in her love life. Is she looking in the right direction? Sometimes I feel that she is too..... stubborn. Sorry, I know I have used it many times, but that is the only word I can think of. But then again, I do not really know the full details, so there might be some factors that I do not know of that affects her decision, whether to be stubborn, or to let go. So I shall not comment further on that.
My dear gal, I dont know if you are following my blog, but if you are, I sincerely hope that you can find that special someone in your life soon! Wish you happiness always!

No comments: