Monday, August 14, 2006

Princess Pork Chops is a Mum!!!

Princess Pork Chops is a mum! Her little princess Natalie was born on August 13 3.04am. I received Pork Chop's sms on my way back to Singapore from KL. We have been counting down to this day for a while.
I just visited her at Mt Alvenia Hospital. Was thinking what I should buy for her. The baskets that I see online are not very nice nor practical. So I went to the florist downstairs and asked them to packed a dozen of Gerberas and half a dozen of chicken essence for me. I waited around half an hour for them to do the whole thing up. By the time I left, it was already 1.30pm -_-". Then spent 30min in the cab to and fro. So Bubbles, not that I wanted to take long lunch on purpose. I only spent like 30min with Pork Chops and Little Natalie.
Little Natalie was napping when I got there. Pork Chops was touched that I went all the way to see her and baby (my office is like damn far lor). Chicadelic was there too. Both of us went like 'ooo... aaaa..... goooooo' over Natalie. The mum and dad were smiling from ear to ear. And they took a few photos of us and the baby. Finally, i turned my attention to Pork Chops. She had a Caesarean, and her wound still hurts. But she said she was supposed to NOT sit around the whole day, so she offered me her seat so she can stand abit. Then she explained that the doctors 'thought' that Little Natalie was ' stressed' in the womb and squeezed the umbilical cord so hard the oxygen and blood could not get to her, causing her heartbeat to become increasing fast. That was why they did a Caesarean on Pork Chops. But.... when Little Natalie came out, she was not stressed lor. Seems like she couldnt wait to come out and see the world ^-^. Little Natalie knows how to throw a tantrum to get her way. Pork Chops is gonna have a hard time disciplining her....
Then, it was feeding time. Pork Chops got ready (her breast) to make sure that the 'milkflow' is good enough, while New Daddy got round to wake Little Natalie up from her nap. He tickled her, unwrap her from her blanket so she feels cold, and will wake up. Me and Chicadelic were like -_-". Like that also can? Wake baby up not just shake abit, noisy abit can already? Hahahaha. No wor. That was the way the doctor taught them to wake baby up. So now I know. Hahahhahah.
When Daddy put Little Natalie into Pork Chops' arms for breast feeding, Chicadelic and me looked at each other and were thinking the same thing: should we excuse ourselves? But Pork Chops said no need wor. What she have both of us also have lor, even more than her hahahahahaha. So we stayed lor. It was quite amazing to see the baby suckling at mum's breasts. I mean, it was not grosque at all. The way baby sucked, then stopped then sucked again, then the contented look on baby's face when she is done, is all so amazing to me. I mean, Motherhood is such a holy thing. Imagine a mother has to go through so much pain to bring a child into this world, bear the soreness in her breasts when she breastfeeds you, wake up in the middle of the night to feed you (ok, to be fair, sometimes the dad does that too), go through more 'pain' to lose all that post-natal fats, suffer hair loss, and maybe has to live with freckles for the rest of her life. Who will really understand all that until she becomes a mother herself? And that is just the beginning. Its a loooooooooooong journey till she grows up.
Maybe one day, I will get to experience all that too... Maybe one day...

No comments: