Monday, August 14, 2006

Rosie's KL Trip

I am back! Though I enjoyed the trip, I must say I am so tired. Arriving at 4am in the morning is no fun at all. Think next time will plan better timing. We (mum and me) reached the hotel at about 4.30am, checked in and by the time we settle down in our room, it was almost 5am.
We stayed at the Boulevard, which is right at Mid Valley megamall! It is a relatively new hotel, so like Mr L said, I do not have to 'share' room with thousands of others. Compared to Cititel, which is also at Mid valley, the room was pretty big and spacious. Just that I thought the room was not very properly cleaned. It was made up. But I saw some faint black patches on the sheets. Yes, I admit I can be a clean freak at times. But I was too tired to make noise, so i just slept. Other than that, quite happy with the service and room. Though tired, I woke up early bcos I did not want to waste my day sleeping in. Woke my mum at 9am to have breakfast. Realized my mum did not bring her undies, we went to Metro to get some for her. Then realized we both did not bring our combs/hairbrush, we went to Sasa. Other than the intended combs, we bought moisturisers and 2 lipsticks for my mum. That's the start of our (should I say my? hehe) shopping spree.
Mon fetched us at about 11am to go for lunch and 1U for more shopping. The little princess (Kym) was not in a good mood that day. Havent warmed up with us yet I guess. But after having lunch, she started to be chatty and playful, her usual self. Yes we understood now that she was too hungry to talk before that.. hahaha. Mum couldnt take it, say she was too tired, so Mon fetched her back to catch up with sleep. I continued with my shopping. First day, I bought 3 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of shorts, 3 tops, and 1 small bag. Had planned to have dinner with Mr L, but the busy man had to attend a political meeting at the last minute, so he flew me a 747 again. He is now into politics. So has to be more on the ball, and attend all sorts of meetings. Good for him to get more contacts, good for his business too. Nevermind, I called Mon and asked her to pick me up again. Yes, I do feel apologetic making her drive to and fro. We had dinner at a coffeeshop like place. Dinner was good. We had belachan kangkong, ginger frog legs, fried intestines (which both my nephews ate so deliciously), spicy pork, curry fish, stir fried celery. I had wanted to pay, but my bro-in-law said "No!", so I respected his wishes ahahahah... Marc had wanted to see my room but his dad said "tomorrow la", so he had no choice but to listen. But the following day, he forgot all about it and went to his friend's house to play. Kids are kids ;p.
On Sunday, I woke up early to have breakfast again. Pay already of cos must eat la. After that, went for my mani-pedi. Went to this place called JJ nails. I went there 2 years ago and since then have been going back to them. But I feel that their services getting worse and worse so the next time I think I will find another place to go. The gal who did my nails this time was not gentle at all, and I think that she did not do a thorough job. She did not even try to file my nails even! Grrr! And do they not have nail strengthener in Malaysia??? I told them I do not want colour on my fingers, just nail strengthener, they looked at me with that 'huh?' face. So i said, nevermind, just buff. Overall, service sucks. Ok, thats it for JJ nails for me. Next!
I carried on with my shopping after doing my nails. I bought another pair of shoes and 3 more tops. Mango was cheap, but I did not have time to try on the sizes as I had to rush back to check out. Mon brought me for lunch, and she tempted me with more shopping at a flea market opposite where we lunched. I thought I wouldnt buy anything there. How wrong I was. I bought 2 more tops (those with support so do not have to wear bra kind), a bag, a set of Barbie dool clothes for Princess Kym. If not for the fact I have to catch my coach, I believed I would have bought more. Mon said I can always go there again next weekend to continue. Bleah.... I am not going to go through another mid night coach just to go to the flea market!!! Whats more, Bubbles and I are planning for a KL trip in September, so I can always bring them there hehehehe...
So, thats my very rushed KL trip last weekend. Though my legs are aching with all the walking and shopping I did, I have no complaints :). Looking forward to KL again in September!

No comments: