Friday, August 18, 2006

A Tribute to Beach Gals... Part 4

I met Ms HP for lunch today. She asked me when it will be her turn muahahahahaha... Wait. Patience. Hahahahahaha

If you notice, some of the beach gals are not included in the 10 sisters in my first post about Beach Gals. That is bcos 10 sisters are formed in sec1, some of the Beach Gals I knew only in sec3. Teacher is one of them. Teacher got her nick cos, well, she is going to become a teacher. She is taking her NIE course now, so maybe another 2 years (or is it 1?) she will become a qualified teacher. Since secondary school days, as far as I can remember, Teacher's ambition was to become a housewife. Well, now maybe it is to be a good housewife AND a good teacher ;p. Why I said that? Bcos Teacher's ECA in secondary school was .... Home Economics! Can you imagine?? No offence to those who joined Home Econs Club, but personally, I admit that I am hopeless at Home Econs. Barely managed to pass the subject in lower sec. The only module I liked was the cooking and baking one. I hated and still hate the sewing part. Confession: all my sewing were done by my mum. Hahahahhaha

Ok, yes, so Teacher like Home Econs, and I remember vaguely that she mentioned that she wanted to become a housewife. Of cos, that was then. Now everyone wants a good career (except me?) as well. Maybe that is why Teacher decided to go for her course. It is a stable job, and it gives great satisfaction to see the children grow under your guidance. But need loads of patience, which I have run out of these recent years.

Teacher is one of the more 'garang' one in the gang. She is the who gives the fierce lianish glare if guys come to invade our space during clubbing. Once when we were pubbing at News Room Bar, we were dancing happily in our own corner when this group of guys tried to be funny and danced closer and closer to us. Teacher finally couldnt take it anymore. She stopped dancing and stood on top of the steps and glared at them with hands on her hips. Wow! Dont pray pray ok! If they hadnt backed away, I believed nothing would have stopped Teacher from grabbing them by the ears and throwing them out! I also remember this other incident when we drove to JB some time back. As usual the road leading to the customs was jam packed with vehicles of all sorts. There was this other that came nearer and nearer to our car, almost slamming into our side mirror. All of us in the car were like o_o, gasping in horror. screaming and signaling to the other driver to stop moving. Finally when we caught his (yes its an inconsiderate Ah Beng driver) attention, he showed us that 'no-worries-still-got-alot-of-space' face. And continued moving his damn car! Damn him! Luckily by then, the traffic started moving and we moved further away from him. Teacher was sitting at the window seat that time. And I believed she would have wound down the window and gave that Ah-Beng car a good scratch if the traffic hadnt started moving ahahahaha. Oh yes, this I must mention. We met up for dinner on gangster's birthday last week, and Teacher just updated us on another incident. It was after the National Day Parade, and she was on the way home on the MRT. There was this young couple, 'playing' with each other, hitting each other, and pretending to be hurt etc etc. A few times they were only this close to hitting the passengers standing close to them. All the onlookers were like filled with disgust. Finally, our dear Teacher couldnt stand it anymore, She stood up from her seat, tapped the couple on their shoulders, and said 'Qing ni men bu yao zai diu ren xian yan le hao ma? xie xie' (To put it simply, it means please do not embarass yourselves in public anymore, thank you), and went back to sit down again. After being 'told off' by Teacher, the young couple mellowed down. I think all the other onlookers were silently applauding in their hearts. The thing that made us all laugh was, she still did not forget to thank them after telling them off! Hahahahaha

Anyway, yes, thats how righteous Teacher is. She will not hesitate to put right something that she thinks is wrong, or stop to help someone in need. She was the one who started us on the Henderson's Home thing (though most of us gave up along the way). Sometimes she will volunteer to organize our outings, though now it is so difficult to get everyone together. But she wouldnt complain, not like me who show black face, make noise when people dont reply. She is more of a do-and-dont-say-so-much person. Puts me to shame sometimes, but, well, thats the difference between her and me ;p.

Teacher also had a rather colourful love life. She was amongst the first to have a serious relationship. From D to W, to a couple of others I missed during their Uni and earlier part of working life, to S, to J, to her hubby B. We always enjoyed listening to her recount her dates with her then current squeezes, sometimes more than one at a time ;p. I was like, wow, how come people get so many and I get none? I am not that bad right? Hahahah, well, I guess the time just isnt right. My Mr Right will appear when its time, right? Right! Anyway, back to Teacher's love(s). Not all her relationships turned out well. She suffered from a bad one to the extend of developing Thyroid. I remembered she was reduced from wearing an adult M (?) to wearing kids size. I wasnt able to help much that time bcos I was still in the drift-apart period from the gang, but lucky for her, Gangster and the rest were there for her. She recovered from the relationship, but had to undergo constant treatment and medication for her Thyroid. Her appetite suddenly increased doublefold, and Gangster always told us how she managed to have a heavy dinner, go toilet, then come back and continue eating. And of cos, she started to put on some weight. But she was still never lacked of suitors. One of the jokers I remember - S. he was quite a good looking guy, knows how to have fun, and quite gentlemanly. Teacher was quite quite fond of him. Sh was like considering choosing between him and J... Then Kaboom! We discovered he was.... GAY. We all made quite a joke out of that bcos we seriously never thought that he would be one. In any case, Mr J did not make it as well. Call him... Indecisive. teacher ended up with Hubby B, whom she met from church. Honestly, I did not quite like him at first, for some reason, but now he seems to be quite stable and well, responsible, which is a very important factor I look for in a man ^-^. So, I think she must be quite contented now with her life. Happy marriage, stable job. Keep it up Teacher!
I have been drafting this for days, since Friday, and Teacher (and Bubbles) has been asking about this post. But I cant blog at home mah, so have to drag till today then post. Happy reading, and tune in for more in the week!

No comments: