Thursday, October 12, 2006

This Fashion = Aunty?

I met JB-ren for dinner yesterday. We went to Chinatown for porridge. JB-ren called me to say that she will be late, so I went to walk around that area while waiting for her. There was only CK there, so in I went. And believe it or not, I bought something from it. I tried a pair of shorts and I thought it looked ok. Then I saw another pair of shorts in army prints. And that looked ok too. So I bought 2 pairs of shorts from CK. Amazing? I thought so too myself hahaha. The image of CK is that only aunties shop there. And I bought 2 pairs of shorts there. Is this an

The standard of the porridge of the porridge stall that we used to frequent has dropped. It is not as nice as it used to be. I wonder why? Too many people? Change of chef? There could be a hundred and one reasons, but the bottomline is: the porridge is not that nice anymore.

After dinner, JB-ren wanted to shop for a red dress… for her jogging club. I went like ‘huh?’. Yes I did not hear wrong. She is going to wear a dress to jog.

Just for info, JB-ren joins this jogging club for their activities. They go to different places to jog. Every time is a different route – cemeteries, mountain trails, JB, beach, you name it, they can do it. Everytime after a jog, they will gather, drink beer, and discuss about the jog. What there is to discuss, I don’t know. Whether they saw any snakes along the way? Whether anyone jogged too fast or too slow? Whether the scenery is nice? Maybe… hahaha.

Anyway, we just walked along that stretch of road to see what we could find. Right ahead of us was This Fashion, another shop that mostly aunties and cheena Lians shop in. In we went. Not too bad. Both of us grabbed a few pieces and went into the fitting room. Nothing that fitted looked nice, nothing that looked nice fitted. Disappointed, we went out. Then we saw this other side of the shop that we missed. In we went again. This time, we were not disappointed. We saw a few dresses that were nice, and fitted us! JB-ren tried this wrap dress which I tought looked nice on her. She let me try it on too. And I thought I looked quite nice in it also. She wanted to try a brighter colour. She took many red dresses in different cuttings and patterns to try. Some, I thought, looked pretty good on her. I think she was conscious of her figure. But I gave her my honest opinion. One of the dresses she tried, a red spaghetti strap empire line dress, I though looked really nice on her. Made her look brighter, more youthful. It would go well with sneakers, good for jogging in. She looked doubtful, but I convinced her. She asked me to try it on too. But the result – a fair, fleshy, busty aunty looked back at me in the mirror. Why the same piece of clothing can manage to look so different on us, I don’t know. Maybe I just have that aunty look. *pout*

So, both of us walked out from This Fashion feeling happy that we bought something. Who says only aunties (despite the fact that I look aunty) shop in CK and This Fashion? We, young (Ok, not that young), trendy, business class can also find something nice inside ok! More than a few persons have complimented me on my dress today. This Fashion makes my day!

No comments: