Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Guilty...

Rose is guilty. Guilty of one of the 7 sins – gluttony. I failed to persevere, and broke my diet on Monday. How, I really wonder how, can anyone stand not having solid food for more than a week??? I really pity babies, old folks without teeth, and sick people who cannot take solid food.

I couldn’t take it anymore on Monday, 1 week after I started my Cambridge diet. Especially after the BBQ the day before. Thanks to Godma I and her guests for bringing all those delicious looking food to tempt me. FYI, I am still thinking of the big, juicy-and-delicious-looking sausages.

I MSN Y and told her I am taking a break from my diet. And she immediately suggested ‘Let’s go Japanese!’. And I SAID YES. And the place we chose – buffet style. Sigh……

I arrived first, bcos I kept thinking about food, and the restaurant was just a stone’s throw away from my office. Lucky thing I went earlier, bcos they were fullhouse! There was a big group of 40 pax coming in later, and they were looking for a space to squeeze us in. I guess I really had a pathetically-starving look on my face, that’s why.

They sat us at the counter. There were 2 other men seated beside us. I quickly looked through the menu and mentally took down what to order, bcos I knew they would be really slow in their service once the crowd comes in. Y arrived shortly after. The moment she sat down, I waved for the waitress, and started to order my food. We ate and we ate and we ate. The 2 men sitting beside us must have thought that we have starved for a week, which I did. Y had an even better appetite than me. She can really eat man! Other than what we shared, she ate an additional bowl of Ramen, more servings of Mackerel, and ordered another bowl of cold noodles. She was not happy when her cold noodles took a long time to arrive. When it arrived, I am not sure what look she had on her face bcos her back was facing me, but the waitress looked at her and asked ‘Do you want another bowl?’ even before she started eating. I burst out laughing. The 2 men beside us also tried not to laugh too loud. Y turned and asked me ‘Do I look like I am very hungry?’ I just kept laughing.

Shortly after, the waitress served a big plate of black pepper salmon and put it in between Y and the 2 men. They looked at Y, Y and I looked at them. Whose order was it? Both me and Y quickly shook our heads. The 2 men shrugged, and took the plate and started eating. I thought then that Y was full. WRONG! She looked at the menu and said she wanted another bowl of Ramen. I looked at her in amazement. In the end, she decided not to, as we were going for coffee after dinner.

We walked to Boat Quay, to discover that Coffee Bean is closed for renovation. Then we walked further to Clarke Quay, and finally settled down at TCC. It was a long walk bcos we missed some turns and took a longer way to Clarke Quay, but the walk was good. At least we were not so full after that.


I was a little bitchy that day. I was thirsty and bloated, so I wanted some ice blended drinks. But all the ice blend drinks were milk based. So I waved for the waiter, and asked him if there was something without milk. He said no, all the ice blends were either soya milk based, or milk based. He recommended me some other drinks. I looked at him and shook my head ‘I want ice blends’. Then he pointed to the ice blends, ‘But I don’t want milk based ones’. He looked at me helplessly. Y kicked me and told me not to be a bitch. Bitch meh? *Shrug* In the end I settled for a soda. Y ordered a Mighty Joe Young (or something that sounds like that).

While waiting for our drinks, I flipped through the menu again. Looked at the dessert page, and started drooling again. I decided that I should satisfy my craving once and for all. Come on, I have just eaten a buffet, what else can be more right? I ordered a not so sinful, sorbet like dessert.

Our drinks came. I was quite happy with mine cos it was refreshing. Y took a sip at hers. And gave me that screwed-up face. ‘There is banana in it!’ I looked at her ‘You don’t eat banana one meh?’ ‘Not that, but I am very full leh, and I cant drink something so filling!’ She pushed the drink aside and refused to touch it anymore. I asked her of she wanted to changed it to something else. But she said that she thought it would be impossible to change bcos she has already drank it. I said ‘try’, but she left it at that. Ok. She waved for the waiter to ask for a bigger glass of iced water. This waiter:



Came to ask what was wrong with the drink, how come she is not drinking it. We told him the reason. He was very nice, and said he would change it for us, FOC. Y beamed at me happily after that.

Ok, Rose has quit her Cambridge diet. Although it doesn’t taste very yucky, I don’t think I can survive another week on it. So please just let me eat!

My dear friends tried to cheer me up last week by bringing me to KTV. We had loads of fun singing, watching MTV, and folling around with my camera. And we took some really artistic photos. Don’t believe? See for yourself!

Our feet

Can you tell who we are??

Both pretending to be busy

Decided we should act cute

Out beautiful hands

Peekaboo!

ok... We just being bo liao can?


Our room

No comments: