Monday, October 16, 2006

3-in-1 post

Somehow, I am always not able to log into blogspot at home, so this is a 3-in-1 post.

Saturday, 14 October 2006

I went for my facial today. Sotong me remembered my appointment wrongly and went 1 hour ahead. The consultant with the come-punch-me face asked if I wanted to go shop around or hang around in the lounge area. It was so hazy today, so I decided to stay indoors. I asked her what I could do. She gave me that sly smile and said ‘watch TV lor, or there are some magazines you can read also’.

She showed me the lounge area, which consists of an L-shape couch, a plasma TV, and a magazine rack. One look at those magazines, I knew I wouldn’t be interested. Please lor, all in Japanese, how to be interested??? So I kept myself watching whatever they were showing on TV – a concert of this group of 4 ladies, who called themselves… is it The Bond Classified? Playing violins. What to do, there wasn’t any remote control in sight, and I was making myself comfortable on the couch and refused to move my lazy ass to walk to the recep area to ask. So although I am not one of those cultured people who appreciated classical music, I watched the concert.

Actually, it wasn’t so bad. The 4 ladies were, well, pretty. And they were so hot man! Although I do not appreciate classical music, I could still tell the difference between then and now. Let me try to tell you now with my layman terms. I repeat again: I am not one of those cultured people who appreciate classical music, so please bear with it if you hear anything wrong, or crude, in this post.

What I understood from classical music, is you see one or a group of people dressed formally, usually conservatively, playing one more types of instruments, moving only the necessary body parts i.e. hands, and leg (if necessary), and maybe a little of their heads to move to the rhythm. And if they do speak, it was usually in a very polite, formal tone.

Nowadays, I hear, and see these musicians dressed also ‘formally’, but in a different way. Like the group I saw on TV this afternoon, they were clad in white pants and white tops. Although they wore different outfits, there was one thing in common in their dressing – sexy. OMY, you should see one of them, she let down her long curly hair (usually the tradition was to bun it all up?), wore a white top which resembled a Chinese lingerie (more well known as Du Dou), barely covering her ample assets, pants that looked like patchworks, revealing most of her legs and butt. The way she moved her butt when playing her violin, was like seducing her man in the bedroom. If I am a man, would have shouted ‘Steam ah!’ there and then. Fortunately, I am not.

It is really not easy being a musician nowadays. Not only do you need to be talented in music, and playing whatever instruments you are playing, you also need to move gracefully like a dancer, maintain your figure like a model’s, and dress like a poledancer.

I am glad I am just a normal working class.



Sunday, 15 October 2005

Rose has been pampering herself a lot of late. She has signed up for facial packages, manicure packages, gone for massages. Why the sudden splurge on herself? Maybe Rose feels that its time to do something for herself…

Bubbles and Teacher has been urging Rose to contact LBT. Yes, Rose is desperate; Rose feels he might be a good, nice man too. But Rose also knows her own standards lor. Man of this kind of caliber, what makes you gals think that he will like Rose leh??

Few reasons Rose cited to Teacher:

Rose is not an Ah Lian
Rose is not chio bu
Rose is not high crass enough
Rose is Jit Lim Jiu Tor
Rose is not cultured enough
Rose thinks, that Rose is older than LBT

Above few reasons, are enough for Rose not to make any further moves, other than leaving comments in his blog. Besides, he has no lack of sexy, pretty, young gals around him, flocking to him, with similar background ones somemore, why do you gals think that he will notice me, this plain Jane, aunty-looking gal leh??

Furthermore, Rose has always been, what they call, a Jerk Magnet. Looking back at the relationships Rose had, those you know and those you dont, Rose has to admit, that she is not a very good judge of men. Although Rose has nothing to offer – be it looks or figure or money or background – Rose always attracts jerks. Maybe Rose has that CFM look, you think so?

Rose also yearns for someone to love and care for her, and for her to love and care for too. Rose also wants to have someone to call everyday, to miss when not seeing him, to do anything with, or to do nothing with. But Rose is also scared of getting hurt one more time. Rose is full of scars already, and not getting young anymore; Rose cannot take failure one more time…

This weekend, is just another boring, wallow in self-pity, lonely weekend…


Monday, 16 October 2006

Rose bought a few CDs yesterday after her manicure session. Oh yes, I have beautifully manicured nails now muahahahahahaha… French manicure, pink bas, with black tips. Sounds horrible? I thought so too when my manicurist described to me, but it turned out looking nice. I would have done the same for my feet, if not for that aunty (she is a REAL aunty ok!) who came barging in, demanding to be served after me. Ok, yes she did make an appointment, but if the manicurist is not done with me, she bloody hell just wait la! After being told to come back in another 20minutes time, she just sat at the couch at the recap area, and kept checking on the manicurist and me. Like scared the manicurist will run away after finishing my nails! Please lor, you wanna wait, just wait quietly and patiently. Dont keep staring at us lor. Made my manicurist feel so stressed, and made me felt so uncomfortable. I was nice and told my manicurist to just paint my nails, no need do nail art or French or anything. Bloody hell, if I was in a bitchy mood yesterday, I would have just asked my manicurist to take her time and draw flowers on all my toe nails!

Anyway, I just decided to be nice and let everyone be happy. I went to buy my CDs. Bought this paino love song CD, listening to it in my office now. But this temp gal sitting in the next cubicle, after hearing I am playing music, started paying her radio. Please! If you hear music, you just listen, not go and play your own music lor!

Bubbles ever complained about her playing her music too loud before. To me la, not to her. But I do notice, she really sometimes quite buay zi dong. Like for me, if I hear her playing something, I will not start playing my own CD as well, bcos we are sitting just next to each other, can definitely hear hat the other person is playing. But she is different, if she hears me play something, she will start to play her own music. Loudly somemore. Inconsiderate right? And she is only temp leh. So disrespectful. Young people nowadays, no sense of respect at all…

I remember when I was young(er), I always listened to my seniors. At least I give them their due respect. And I think I was humble, not like them nowadays – full of themselves, always think they deserve more than what they are getting, when they are not really doing such a good job.

Is this the result of higher education, the result of competition, the result of trying to make this a more graceful society?

What is the world becoming??

No comments: