Friday, October 27, 2006

My Name

Today I introduced my blog to Spring-Flower. Not on purpose. I just happened to be blogging when she MSN me, so I just forwarded her the link ; proudly presenting – my blog.

Did I mention before that many people (again, I think not that many people, because not many I know reads my blog) asked me why I call myself Rose. Ok, I shall explain again here. My English name, means rose in Greek. Thus, my nick in MSN, and my blog’s title. I dont any old how just give myself a name ok. Got meaning one ok.

I used to hate my name, because everyone calls it wrong. Everyone adds an alphabet to it, or rearranges the sequence of the letters in my name. Everyone cant remember it, because it is too unique.

But now, I have grown to like it. Yes, so what if it sounds Malay/funny/weird. Its my name and I like it ok?

D asked me what my Chinese name is. I told him it is equally unique and difficult to remember. Hahaha.

I remember in my Secondary school days, my Physics teacher always calls me lunatic, because my HanYuPinYin name has the same spelling as ‘lunatic’ in Chinese. Everytime she calls me by that name, I wished that I could just ignore her, and refuse to acknowledge the name that she used to call me.

But I couldnt, because everyone, including myself, knew that she was calling me. If I did not answer, it would seem rude, wouldnt it? Being the good and obedient student I was, I just tried to ignore the fact the she has mispronounced my name, and answered her.

But now, I have learnt to appreciate my names. People sometimes still laugh at them, but well, they are my names, and I am not about to change them because a handful of people thinks they are funny. So there!

I have a confession to make. I have laughed at other people’s names too. BUT!!! They are really funny mah. Come on, who, in the right mind, will her himself/herself Refridgerator/Fan (Note: Its Fan, not Fann)/Banana/Fish (Sorry no offense. I like her songs too, but Fish as a name is really…)???

Ok… I am just being bo liao.

I think I am going into denial mode. Anyone can guess why? Leave your answer in the tagboard…

No prize for getting it right though…

No comments: