Thursday, October 19, 2006

Courtesy is for free

I met a fellow dog lover, R, for lunch today at Hong Lim Hawker Center. No joke, its like a mini-warzone!
R wanted to eat this famous curry chicken noodle there. By the time we reached, there was already a long queue forming. R joined in the queue, while I went to look for an available table. I was so happy to see an empty table just around the corner, I smsed R to tell her where I was. R smsed me back to ask me what noodle I wanted. I thought I would call her, faster mah. But whilst I was on the phone with R, this aunty, never even asked, or made any eye contact with me to check, if anyone was sitting there, just left her stupid umbrella there, while she went to order her food. I hung up the phone. When this aunty came back, she just sat at the table, completely ignoring my existence. Nebermind, I 忍!
Her food came. She only ordered black glutinous rice. I think it must be a very famous stall, because this uncle, also came to join us at the table, also ordered the same thing. The aunty just concentrated on her black glutinous rice, still ignoring my existence, and I think the uncle's existence too. After she finished, she bent down her face and made some mouth movements. I thought she was saying a prayer or something. Then I realised - she was sifting things from her teeth! Yucks! Cant she just go somewhere else to do it? Cant she do it in the toilet or somethnig? Must she do it here in public, in front of meeeeee???
Luckily, after about 5 minutes of mouth excercise, she moved her butt. Another uncle was eyeing the seat. When he put his plastic bag on the chair next to me, I almost screamed "This seat is taken!" He quickly put the stuff on another seat. Heng ah!
R was taking a long time, and the crowd was slowly dispersing. A few tables were empty, so I tought I would go check on her. Wahlau eh, she was still queueing! So damn long lor! I joined her in the queue. after another 10minutes, it was finally our turn. We got our food and looked around for a table. Fortunately for us, this group of people were just about to leave, so they let us have their seats. Ok, thank god there are still gracious people around!
The curry noodle is nice! Worth the wait, but not worth the war. Next time, will go earlier or later, to avoid those yucky people.

No comments: