Monday, September 18, 2006

A Tribute to Beach Gals - Part 8

Ok, since I am not in the mood to work, I shall blog more today. But I shall just post them one by one… If not Bubbles will finish reading very fast and pester me to blog more hahahaha.

Director is one of the Beach Gals that I don’t get to meet very often, reason being her work schedule is sometimes so tight that she dont get to sleep for days. Director is not really a nick, cos she IS a director in MediaCorp. That explains her crazy schedule huh.

When I first knew Director, I thought that she was very AA. Cos she was always very loud, and always the joker in the class / school. Maybe being the quiet one, I felt that she was much too loud. Until we got into the same class in Sec3, we started hanging out more together (The ABC theory), it was only then I got to know her better. Why I started talking to her was bcos we discovered that we both love watching Hong Kong series. It was still the era of renting video tapes then, so we discussed a lot about the storyline, and who we loved or hated in the show. I remembered she liked Kitty Lai back then.

Director’s 2nd language was very strong. Which is probably the reason why most chinese teachers adore her. Actually, most teachers adore her, simply bcos she makes people laugh. Plus she was always a smart and diligent gal, which teacher wouldn’t like this category of student?

I used to think that the things Director sad were very profound. There was once she, me and Vampire were sitting on the beach or something, and talking about life. I really cant remember why I was with them, bcos I was not exactly close to either of them. And we were discussing something so serious. I can vividly remember Director said ‘don’t see me always laugh, actually I feel empty sometimes’. Wow, this is like my first heart to heart talk with her. Since then, I changed my opinion of her totally. I learnt that being the joker doesn’t mean you will be always happy all the time. Even the funniest joker is afterall, human.

After graduation, Director got into the industry she had the most passion for – Media! She climbed slowly and steadily to where she is now. We always liked to pester her to tell us about the gossips in Mediacorp, and call the artistes by their names as if we know them so well hahahaha. She will always oblige us, cos she knows that we will not anyhow pass the gossips on to unreliable people (we really don’t ;p).


We used to think that she is lucky, to be able to find work in something that she likes and has a passion for. But then, every job has its own 酸甜苦辣. She has to handle people from all walks of life. And put up with their cockiness and / or airs. Somehow, I guess people from the entertainment circle will tend to think that they are up there, and everyone has to give in to them. Yes, of cos during interviews they will say ‘Oh, we are just normal people’. Well, then behave like one lor!

Director met her hubby, where else, in Mediacorp. She has had her down times too. I remembered she got herself drunk one Christmas Eve, and we had to drive her home, although her house was only like just behind Mohd Sultan! And she kept breathing hard (she is asthmatic) like she was gonna have a heart attack anytime! We are all abit freaked out by her then. Luckily, it was only a scare, no major issue. So that’s why sometimes I feel that the more bubbly you appear to be, the more hurt you tend to be, when you do get hurt. So, do show more care and concern for those around, whom you think is never sad at all, ok?

When she announced her wedding, we were all so excited! Partly bcos we were of cos happy for her. But mostly bcos we could see stars at the dinner! Hahahaha. Dajie kept asking if 715 was attending, and she wanted to sit at the next table or better still, next to him! Hahaha… Too bad he didn’t turn up. Bubbles and Rose made the most effort and spent the most money. We dieted for like 1 month before (I think Bubbles even longer) just bcos we wanted to look slim beside all the stick thin actresses. Spent money on our dresses, made appointments for manicure and hair saloon. I even booked a hotel, just to make ourselves look pretty for the night.

When the day finally came, the excitement somewhat died down a little. We were still enthusiastic, but of cos. We had to help cos her other ‘sisters’ were like for show only. Maybe they are inexperienced hahahaha. We let them have the fun cos we had been through many customary weddings before (Oooops, does that mean we are O.L.D.??). Director looked really sweet and pretty that day. I think since after JC days, that was the first time she has properly worn a skirt / dress. Who says not all brides are pretty? In my opinion, as long as you put in the effort, you can look pretty anytime! So all the 懒女人out the, start doing something ok!!

Director’s family, to me, has always been a very friendly bunch. Maybe that explains why she turned out so bubbly and comical. But hey, not true, not all her sisters are like her. I knew there were times when Director had to settle problems for her siblings, or parents. Those were the not-so-happy side of her. But she seldom complains about them, just that when we asked, she will tell. One thing about her, she is not ashamed of her family (Not that there is anything to be ashamed of la, you know what I mean). For me, it took me a loooong time before I first confided my insecurity and problems to my dear sisters. Well, better late than never huh.

Director’s hubby is a really sweet guy. Well.. at least in front of us he is rather sweet la hahahaha. He treats her really well, and they are both accommodating to each other, so I guess Director has finally found her happiness in him, and vice versa. And they live happily ever after!

No comments: