Monday, September 11, 2006

RA Post

RA Post!

I did my virgin wax yesterday! Initially was so afraid of the pain that was so much talked about. Some even bled. And it was advised not to do it one week before your period, and I am getting mine soon… Felt a little nervous, but still went ahead to do it. I went to Honeypot at Pacific Plaza, recommended by some fellow podders. The gal, Jolene, who attended to me, was nice. She asked me to change into the tube top and get onto the bed. After I changed, I looked the bed. It was VERY high lor. I had to like jump then can get onto it. Then I thought, what position should I be lying? Should my legs bent like delivery pose, or flat down? I decided to pretend to be busy on my phone and wait for Jolene to come back to the room.

She was like ‘Ei, you havent lie down yet.’ I looked at the bed and said ‘so high leh’, then she laughed. She said ‘Ya I also have to jump then can get onto the bed, Nevermind la’. So I jumped lor. Then I looked at her with many question marks on my face. She knew… And told me how to position my legs. Hahahaha. First time is like that one, she said. Don’t be scared, its not that bad. She kept talking to me, which helped to distract me from the nervousness. The she applied the hot wax onto my V area, and talked some more. Then she pressed, and explained that have to do so that the hair would stick to the wax. Then kept talking to me. And then pulled the wax off! Woohoo! Honestly, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would. Jolene said bcos I do not have much hair down there. So the pain might not be that bad. The second layer was abit more painful, cos the pores are opened already. Slowly I got used to the hot wax and the pulling it off part, and not so embarrassed, having someone, a total stranger, examine your V area so closely. Jolene will really look at it under white light to check if there are anymore strands left behind. If there is, she will tweeze them off.

Next was my underarm. I had purposely left them to grow so that I can wax them off this trip hahahah. Hot wax also used on this area. The pain was nothing. Next!

Leg was next. This time was a little different. Jolene used a strip of hot wax to run through my legs, like applying glue, you know. Then she stuck a strip of paper firmly on the wax… And yanked it off! This was the painful one! Ouch!!! Jolene told me some places use this method, strip waxing, for the V area and underarm too, which is much more painful than hot wax. I wonder how people can stand the pain, if it was so painful on my leg, imagine down there…. Jolene also said some places use cloth instead of paper, and that was like 10 times worse, cos cloth is harsher then paper. I don’t even wanna think about it man….

As Jolene was finishing off my leg area, she asked me ‘Wanna do arm or not?’ I looked at my arms. It was definitely the hairiest place, cos legs and V area I do shave, but not my arms. What the heck, since I am already there, might as well do everything right? I asked her to do all the way down to my fingers.

After Jolene finished everything, I could see the look of satisfaction on her face. I laughed at her. She said ‘Ya, I cant stand hair!’ hahahaha. Then she looked at me real closely and commented ‘You very lucky leh. V area and legs not much hair, but your eyebrows and hair quite thick hor. Your hair grow at the right places’ hahaha I was like ‘huh? Thick meh?’ Nevermind, she say thick then thick lor. Hahahaha

It is an experience. I never felt so smooth in my life before! Hahahaha … But I guess I wouldn’t spend so much anymore. Maybe just go back and do my V area next time. Legs, arms and underarms, can do myself la…

Gals, go try it!


No comments: