Thursday, September 28, 2006

No More Nuaing...

Rose’s boss is coming back tomorrow. It’s the time that Rose’s friends will see the ‘Busy’ icon on her MSN everyday from next Monday till the day her boss goes back to where she was.

Just got an email from HR that Oct 23 will be off-in-lieu, as Deepavali falls on a Saturday this year. Whooppee! No need to take leave for my Phuket trip! This is Rose’s first beach resort holiday. Don’t laugh ok! Yes, I have not been to any beach resort in the many decades I have been on this earth. Sounds very sua-ku, I know, but then, Rose is not a person who likes the scotching sun to shine on her quite-fair skin for too long a period of time. So it is not very surprising that Rose has not been to any beach resort mah. Even in Sentosa, Rose hides in the shade most of the time while her super-hyper ST dashes madly all over the beach. So what does Rose want to do in Phuket, if she doesn’t like the sun??? Erm… Lemme think… Rose will still go under the scotching sun for a while, maybe 15minutes? Hahahaha. Then ill probably spent the rest of the time running after her super hyper nephews and niece. Yes, that’s her mission for the trip! Babysitting! Well, its ok. Me and 2nd sis have been preparing ourselves mentally that this is not a have-fun-snorkelling-island-hopping-suntanning trip. At most it will be a eat-and-relax-and run-after-screaming-kids trip. I am sure we can still have fun. Afterall, this is our first almost family trip. Bro cannot make it this time, so it is still not a complete family thingy.

Yesterday was a pre-birthday celebration for 2nd sis. We had a simple dinner nearby our house. Elfie gave that sad puppy look when we were about to leave the house, so we decided to bring him along. With Elfie, we did not have many choices for dinner venue, so we ended up at the coffee shop eating zi char. We ordered Marmite ribs, Sam-wong spinach (spinach cooked with egg, salted egg, and century egg soup), signature toufu dish for the stall, claypot seafood, and Bro added a sweet sour fish cos he felt there wasn’t enough to eat. The food was not too bad. But I was slightly distracted by this half drunk man sitting behind me. He came slightly after we did. And chose to sit at the table behind us, cos I think he wanted to see my cute Elfie. Then he sneezed with a loud ‘Chooooo!’. Now, Elfie has a funny habit. Whenever someone in the family cough or sneeze, he will run to the person and give him/her the why-are-you-making-such-a-funny-noise look, and are-you-ok look. All the time without fail, when he hears a sneeze. So when this half drunk man behind me sneezed, he got Elfie’s full attention. And in order to get Elfie to focus on him, he kept ‘Choooo’ing all the way throughout our entire dinner. I was thinking ‘what the hell this man thinks he is doing’, trying to get the attention of……….. a dog??? 2nd sis was facing th man, so she mouthed the words ‘He is trying to attract Elfie’s attention’ to me. I gave her that ‘WHAT!!!’ look. But I did not turn back to glare at the man, bcos you never know what half drunk man can do. So we all quickly finished off our dinner, and went off hurriedly.

Bro paid for the dinner first. I wanted to pay him back my share (Supposed to be a treat from him and me to 2nd sis), so I asked Mum to ask him how much. Mum looked at me and said ‘How come you cannot ask him yourself? He is just in his room. Our house not very big what.’ I looked at her and said ‘You ask la’. She shook her head ‘You 2 enemies ah?’ I just smiled.

No, we are not enemies. Just some childhood feud. Somehow, me and Bro have not spoken to each other since… Primary school days? I have no recollection what happened. It just transited from me bringing him to and from school to we not talking to each other. But then, when it is time to talk, we still do. Like when Pa was sick, we did talk and communicated very well. But things will soon go back to normal (normal being, we don’t talk). Really, I think I talk more to his girlfriend this past year than I talk to him in the past 20 years. Maybe this is our own way of bonding? Hahahaha

Ok, its time for Rose to switch from “Nua’ mode to “On’ mode. Do not panic if you do not see Rose posting twice or thrice a day, or maybe not even once, during this period. She is still alive, just no time or too tired to post. She will be back!

No comments: