Monday, September 18, 2006

A Tribute to Beach Gals - Part 7

Rose was away from office last Friday, and when I came back this morning, the pile of paper on my tray was super high. Ok, it has always been high, but it just got higher. And the inbox was all red. Many emails from Rose's boss. Wah, very rare, cos boss very seldom check email one. So Rose better see what she wants man!
But before anything, Rose realises that she has been MIA from the Beach Gals series for some time, so better do one now ;p.
Rose has been close to Ms HP, maybe bcos we stay near to each other. Its easier for us to do impromptu stuff, like dinner or a movie, usually in the neighborhood. Then we can head home on our own. Our favourite hangout - Tiong Bahru Market / Plaza, or GWC.
Ms HP has always been a very sweet gal, patient, never throws her temper, easygoing. Why do I call her Ms HP? Bcos she works in HP mah (LOL). And she is very dedicated to her work. Everytime I log on my pc and she is online, and working. Unlike me, log on to chat or go into forums only ;p. We always ask her what she does, but despite having explained so many times, we still cannot really understand her work hahahaha. From what I understand - she does financial analysis / budgeting on project basis. So she always has lots of deadlines / monthends to meet. Right? So whenever it is nearing month end, or beginning of the month, it is not a good time to jio her out.
Although not so active, Ms HP is always game for something new / adventurous. She likes to travel to places that have nice scenery, or of great historian value. I remember she has been to Nepal, and trekked up the mountains. Me? Only for shopping and food or clubbing hahahaha. She is quite sociable too. Can make friends anywhere, anytime. She can go on a trip with some strangers, and still enjoy it. Unlike me, can be darn anti-social at times.
Ms HP is a collector. She collects postcards, or nice cards, long-legged birdie soft toys, birthday bears (these sometimes she gives away la), limited edition toys (like those Mcdonald kind), and lots of other stuff I cant remember now. I asked her before what she intends to do with them. Her reply - Next time I will display them / I can use as wallpaper in my new house. Well...... Maybe I cant understand the joy of collecting. I never collect anything special. I have limited space and I need every inch available for my shoes and clothes and skincare and books and other stuff! Oh, and recently, Rose did something bad - Rose introduced scrapbooking to Ms HP! More things to add to her collection hahahahah!
Recently, Rose kenna complained by Ms HP many times. I think it sort of started from the time Rose dated Uncle (Ex now). Ms HP complained that Rose is very hard to date, and has no time for her. Well.... It so happened that Uncle had only so much time for Rose, and Rose's mummy happened to be away most of the time during that period, and Rose had to take care of her baby boy. And even after Rose's breakup with Uncle, Rose had been busy with baby boy. Rose has become a homely person. Cant help it cos Rose has to do lots of housework nowadays. Maybe Ms HP felt neglected.... Sometimes when I can make it, she has made other plans already. I can sense the tension between us sometimes, but I know I just cant make everyone happy..... I dont blame Ms HP for finding other friends, bcos I know that I cant spend as much time with her as before....
Rose has never heard of Ms HP's romance before in our 18 years of friendship. Either she is damn good at keeping secrets, or she has not met that special someone yet. Rose sincerely hopes that Ms HP will meet a nice, caring man who will take good care of her soon.
Ms HP, call me anytime, if I can make it, I will definitely be there!

No comments: