Sunday, September 10, 2006

Selfless..

There are times when I tend to take for granted the things that I have. Like my mum. I raise my voice easily at her. Even though sometimes she really does deserve it (;p). But deep down in my heart, I know that she loves me. And I always feel bad after being loud. I try to control more now. But sometimes, it just comes out. I should think for 2 seconds before I get agitated. Yes, I should try to do that now. Please remind me ok….

How many of us actually can appreciate everyone around us? As far as I know, Bubbles does. I think that’s about it. All the others I know somehow or other takes people or things for granted. Not that I want to sar kar Bubbles, I don’t need to hahahah… But having spent more time with her nowadays, I do find that she is a really kind gal. She tries her best to help whoever needs it. I know that I wont be able to do that myself. Bcos I will start to ask myself ‘Why should I?’.

I know it is only normal. Human beings are generally – selfish. One will usually not put in any effort for matters that do not concern or benefit oneself. Who will actually go and spend time helping a total stranger? Onlookers, yes, a lot of them, but help rendered is usually scarce and rare. Oh yes, one of my uni mate was actually like that before. I have seen her help someone she doesn’t know at all find a book, even dug into the smelly dustbin to look. We used to laugh at her. But now I know. Being helpless is a terrible feeling. And whoever offered to help, you will be grateful. Although not all will be grateful la. That is where taking for granted comes in.
If it is you, will you offer to help look around if a stranger has lost his book? Or just give a simple ‘No, I did not see it’ and continue with what you are doing, or look at him look frantically for it? Yes I confess, I would do the latter. Check the dustbin? No way! Why should I??? See? The ‘why should I?’ comes out quite frequently. Next time you say it, think of when was the last time you asked yourself that question.

No comments: